New Antenna :)

Thread: New Antenna :)

New Antenna :)

Strickly a personal preference, but one thing I never liked about the F6B since the day I bought it was that little stubby antenna....it always reminded me of one of my handheld scanner antennas, It just seemed out of place on the bike.

So after searching around quite a bit, I finally found the right length and style which looks good to me, and it seems to pull in the distant stations just a bit better too. I think it matches the size of the bike better....here are some pics

Attachment 20692

Attachment 20693

Attachment 20694

Keith

Source?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Source?
    Autozone...
    16" OEM Fiberglass roof mount / Universal AW-RMOE
    Wire wound fiberglass antenna.

It comes with an assortment of threaded base inserts, but to have the antenna seat the way it should you will add on one of the base attachments included with the antenna, but the assorted threaded rods which also comes with the antenna will not work....To get it to work, you will need a 10/32 threaded rod or screw you can cut to size with a dremel...only took about 10min to complete

Note; I cut my threaded rod as to use the maximum amount of threads for the top and bottom when tightened, which leaves about a 1/16 section at the bottom which is not flush with the sides...easy solution....slide down a #8 o-ring until it slips into place...perfect

And the cost is only about $20

Nice.

I like the longer antenna as well. The short antenna is just about useless. It bearly bring in the 3 radio station I have in my area, so I tucked that antenna away. I put a lot of music on a USB drive.

This antenna has a completely different use... Breaker Breaker
    Attachment 20695

Quote Originally Posted by Kdarmy View Post
    Autozone...
    16" OEM Fiberglass roof mount / Universal AW-RMOE
    Wire wound fiberglass antenna.

It comes with an assortment of threaded base inserts, but to have the antenna seat the way it should you will add on one of the base attachments included with the antenna, but the assorted threaded rods which also comes with the antenna will not work....To get it to work, you will need a 10/32 threaded rod or screw you can cut to size with a dremel...only took about 10min to complete

Note; I cut my threaded rod as to use the maximum amount of threads for the top and bottom when tightened, which leaves about a 1/16 section at the bottom which is not flush with the sides...easy solution....slide down a #8 o-ring until it slips into place...perfect

And the cost is only about $20
    Thanks for that.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

All you need is a string and kite !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Lol. Man was I on the wrong thread. I was hoping for an even shorter antenna. I even reduced the length of the antenna on my truck! I have always thought the stock antenna was too tall for F6B. Not knocking you motorcycle, just have a different view. Glad you are happy with your change.

Attachment 20805
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now it looks more like harley's antennas....antenni

I like it though, nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Lol. Man was I on the wrong thread. I was hoping for an even shorter antenna.
    Lol...Yeah, probably not the thread for you.
    That's what fun with these things tho is all the different ways the owners modify them.

To me the longer antenna helps to balance the front to back ratio...to my eye anyway...and yes, this antenna is almost identical to my friends stock Harley antenna...wasn't trying to match that, it just happened.