Riding through Atlanta - how is it - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Riding through Atlanta - how is it

Get a Peachpass

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I'm planning my route for the Russellville trip (can't believe that I waited this long) and am trying to decide to either go north through Asheville and Knoxville or to go south through Atlanta and Birmingham. The south route is 30 minutes shorter of a ride but I know the Asheville is a beautiful trip. What do you all think? I have never been to Atlanta or through it. Just hope that I'm not too late in planning this trip......
    For Atlanta - North/South I-175 I-85 have a HOV lane - Motorcycles can ride in them.
    On I-85 north of Atlanta and soon to be I-75 South of Atlanta - there is a Toll Road. You do not stop to pay a toll it’s automatic via a RFID chip I think. These are called peach pass lanes. For motorcycles - call the people at peachpass
    http://www.peachpass.com Get a FREE Pass - Motorcycles DO NOT pay the toll. Main: 1-855-PCH-PASS (724-7277) Takes less than a week to get the pass. Just put it in your saddle bags.
    Florida Sunpass and the North Carolina one is recognized too - not sure if you would get charged on your sunpass so get the Free GA Motorcycle peach pass.
    If you do not register for free - you will get fined if you are in the toll lane.

Especially on the weekend - riding in the peach pass lane is like having your own lane on the interstate. Easiest way to take a group of bikes through downtown Atlanta on the weekend.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Dudley Do Right. ROTFLMAO. Teach now you've made my day. 53 the shyt is getting deep. Come back. I can't hold her off by myself. Duke is scared of her. The Dog infuriates her and I'm running out of smooth talk. Its going south fast. I can't believe she called 53 Dudley fricken Do Right. Can't stop laughing. Dudley Do Right. Can we call him Dud for short?? She's killing me.
    This made me belly laugh.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    In the eyes of the law, I'm perfect - label it however you'd like.

I don't have sad eyes, "insta-tears" or excessive cleavage to keep patrolmen (and a few patrolwomen) from writing me a ticket.
    However, if ever you want to play who can break more laws faster, I'm more than ready to kick your sweet lil' southern tush from Alabama to the Mason-Dixon Line!

But if this means I don't get anymore pecan pie, I'll have to re-think it...
    I won't cut off your pie.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by blueverclear View Post
    I think i'd make it a point to do some of the scenic highways through the smoky mountains and i'd probably do anything to come into contact with teach and her pie! LMAO i mean here mommas pecan pie!!!

On a side note, i've taken the loop through atlanta several times through atlanta several times and although its hectic never had a problem getting though it in a decent time frame i guess because there are so many lanes.
    You probably don't need a go pro on your bike either. I'll bet the two of us could get right on around the perimeter.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    I won't cut off your pie.

I love the dirty talk on this forum

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

You probably don't need a go pro on your bike either. I'll bet the two of us could get right on around the perimeter.
    lol it would be a wild ride babe, and definitely don't need any photo or video evidence! lmao

Quote Originally Posted by blueverclear View Post
    lol it would be a wild ride babe, and definitely don't need any photo or video evidence! lmao
    But the pie diameter is only 12 inches - how much trouble could that lead to?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce