The bike finally went over !!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The bike finally went over !!!!!!

The bike finally went over !!!!!!

While backing out of the building yesterday I lost my footing at the bottom of the ramp and it happened! There is a very slight incline into the building and I have almost lost it a couple of times when leaving early in the morning and slipping on the wet grass when transitioning from the ramp. Yesterday was dry and beautiful but when reaching the bottom my left foot bumped into the foot-peg while backing and I wasn't able to get it repositioned and planted before the "Starship" went over on it's left side. Luckily it was in the grass and as designed laid over on the crash bars. No harm, no foul. I did the "Goldwing walk" to right it and brushed off the grass and was on my way. We are in the process of re-designing the entire back yard over the summer so there will some thought put into extending the run off in the area in front of the building so as to ward off any future occurrences of this happening again. If you've haven't picked up your F6B yet, it is not as heavy as one would think but caution and sure footedness are a must.

I know how you feel. In March I was at the Indian Lodge in the Davis Mountains of Texas which has a sloping parking lot. I was strapping my bag to the back seat and managed to push the bike over on its side. I felt really bad for my beauty but since I was with friends I just smiled foolishly and picked it back up. I wasn't even sitting on it and I put it down. Talk about dumb

It happens to all of us at one time or another....some guys actually do it on purpose to change the rear tire!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I've done it 3 times. Twice in my garage thanks to wet boots and once during a slow uturn (on my test ride no less). Aside from a minor scratch on the bottom of the crash bar that I can't see unless I lie down all is well.

Me, I just forgot to put the kickstand down. Stopped the bike in my driveway, took my phone of the mount, put my gloves in the cubby and started to step off...timber. only damage was to my ego.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

done it twice. once on each side.

It happens, funny how some will not admit it though. I let mine down slowly Sat turning on a steep drive going back up while turning and tying not to bump a car...oh well...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I put mine down walking it out of my garage. I was on the kick stand side and I let it go too far the other way. The bike leaned into the side of my garage door, pushed the right mirror further forward than it should go, and cracked the front fairing. I haven't replaced it and I'm probably the only one who notices the crack. The mirror is fine.

I will admit!!!!

I did not fully have the kickstand all the way down and laid mine down while I was jumping off.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's funny how the first thing you do is look around to see if anyone saw you.