Radar Detectors - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radar Detectors

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    Not side by side but I have used them enough to get a feel for what might be an edge. The V-1 false a lot more. It has an edge only on lazer but falls a little short on KA. The K-band they are about equal. Over all like I said I like the V-1 only because of the arrows. Several times it has saved me when a Tropper was sneaking up behind me. One time at night on a rural state highway riding with a bunch of other riders one at least who had another brand than the Valentine he ignored the Tropper sneaking up behind us and my V-1 kept pointing to KA coming in from behind. The other riders blew by me after a couple of miles and it wasn't long here the cop came, flew by me ( running 55) and 5 mi down the highway had the whole sham damn bunch stopped. That was priceless
    The directional feature is nice.

When I was in school, a buddy was an electronics buff and put a microwave transmitter into one of these 6 volt lantern flashlights. He had a Volkswagen Golf and would challenge muscle cars at stop lights when he noticed they had radar detectors. He would rev his engine, get their attention and they would laugh at him in his VW. When the light turned green, both cars would floor it and he would turn on the radar transmitter. The muscle car would slam on their brakes and he would drive right on past. He disproved the old saying "There is no replacement for displacement.".

Radar Detectors

I appreciate all the input! Love the two stories. Thanks all.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

I use an Adaptiv tpx, the first version. Mounted with a RAM Mount
    It works very well, I like the bright visual LED that the system uses.

http://www.adaptivtechnologies.com/g...radar-detector