I sold my Valkyrie Interstate a year ago to a family member and we still ride together quite often. For the sale I removed the car tire and put the bike tire back on for him. Last week he said he wanted to try the CT so he came by my house last Thursday and we reinstalled the NEXEN I still had mounted up.
Yesterday he was on his way to meet a few of us for a ride and had what could have been a very bad mishap. Early in the morning he decided to changed the oil before the ride, and being rushed for time he neglected to double check the surface before screwing on the new oil filter, and never noticed the old o-ring stayed stuck on the block. He made it about two miles from his home and while rolling along at 70mph on the interstate that extra o-ring blew out and dumped out 4 qts of fresh oil.
He saw smoke and just slowly moved over across two lanes and into the breakdown lane with the bike still running unaware of why it was smoking. Once he saw the oil trail he shut off the bike. The entire underneath of the bike including the rear tire was covered with oil.
I for one am glad he did NOT still have a bike tire on for that. That pretty much solidified his decision to never go back to a bike tire....