Passenger Footpeg help needed - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Passenger Footpeg help needed

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Good Deal!!!!

Can't remember exactly how long I've been married, but I'm positive it's still in the single-digit range!

Both the Wife and I had never been married, no kids,,, in our 40's,,, Got hitched.

I haven't quite made 50, so I'm pretty sure it's been less than 10 yrs,,,

Update on pegs

With regard to the pegs, I ordered a set of model-specific spline/adaptors from Kuryakyn (part 8807) to allow the use of mini-boards for my passenger. I knew they were, at best, backordered. Today Kuryakyn sent an email stating that the parts were new and would become available in December. I don't mind waiting, because my wife usually rides her own. Also, I already have the mini-boards for the passenger, so it comes down to patience. I'll wait and put them on when they arrive. Thought others might want to know.

mini passenger pegs

Quote Originally Posted by Honda Raider View Post
    With regard to the pegs, I ordered a set of model-specific spline/adaptors from Kuryakyn (part 8807) to allow the use of mini-boards for my passenger. I knew they were, at best, backordered. Today Kuryakyn sent an email stating that the parts were new and would become available in December. I don't mind waiting, because my wife usually rides her own. Also, I already have the mini-boards for the passenger, so it comes down to patience. I'll wait and put them on when they arrive. Thought others might want to know.
    Do you have a pic of this install ? Did this work out for you ? I'm wanting to do the same thing by using the mini boards for the passenger with the adapter part number 8807!!

Quote Originally Posted by SHOCKER7718 View Post
    do you have a pic of this install ? did this work out for you ? im wanting to do the same thing by using the mini boards with the adapter!!
    I have the miniboards for the rider posistion and love them. For the passenger, I can use another set of mini boards with the adapter above and this will allow the board to fold up out of the way when I am solo like the stock footpegs?

I was under the impression the Rivco boards were the only option for the passenger and I have been choking a bit on their price.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    I have the miniboards for the rider posistion and love them. For the passenger, I can use another set of mini boards with the adapter above and this will allow the board to fold up out of the way when I am solo like the stock footpegs?

I was under the impression the Rivco boards were the only option for the passenger and I have been choking a bit on their price.
    The mini boards do not fold out, they would be in the riding position at all times. That's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    The mini boards do not fold out, they would be in the riding position at all times. That's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    Thanks, I really want them to fold up when I am solo. Guess the high priced rivcos are the only option.

Mini boards for passenger

So if I understand correctly, the mini boards with the proper spline adaptor (8807) for the passenger will not allow the mini board to fold up to the stow position and they will have to stay the fixed position at all times?

I purchased these from my dealer.

Look great. Work great, flip up and out of way.

Bolt right on.

Part #:08U70-MJR-670ZB
    MSRP*$199.95

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/go...cessories.aspx

http://powersports.honda.com/images/...-MJR-670ZB.jpg
    2013 Black Deluxe( Sold), 2012 VFR1200 DCT, 2018 Gold Wing DCT

The miniboards with the right adapter DO fold up, though they kind of stick out a bit. If I remember, I'll take a pic over the weekend.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rule62 View Post
    The miniboards with the right adapter DO fold up, though they kind of stick out a bit. If I remember, I'll take a pic over the weekend.
    Please do post a pic.....I would love to get these if in fact they do flip up.