My first post here, sucks I dont have something more upbeat to start with, but Im very disappointed with what went down today at my dealer. The bike involved is a new 2014 Deluxe in Black.
A dealer in a neighboring state had the bike and it was marked down $4k as a closeout.
My dealer did an invoice trade so I could deal with them instead if going out of state. Went to dealer today to pick it up. As soon as I saw it I did a predelivery inspection and found multiple scuffs and a couple scratches in the finish. also there were a couple scratches and stains on the seat.
The scuffs look like it was washed/waxed with dirty rags by a one dimensional shop hack who detailed bikes as punishment. The scratches in the baggage look like someone dragged a boot across it as they mounted or dismounted. Not scuffs, but scratches that catch a fingernail when you drag it across them.
Needless to say I was a little unhappy and disappointed that these guys would present the bike to me in this condition for delivery. I told my sales guy I was leaving, that I was done.
I already traded in a bike that they sold and the proceeds to be used as part of the down payment. I also have a couple k invested in accessories for my dream machine.
The sales guy seemed more or less dismissive when I voiced my concerns and frustration at them actually presenting the bike in this condition for me to take delivery. its almost as if they said, "Its got issues but, effit, the guys getting a below msrp price so screw the stains and scratches, he'll buy it anyway."
GRRRR.
His defense was that this was a 2 year bike that was marked down, that I had assumed I was buying as a new machine. they absolutely were selling it to me as a new machine.
When I started to head for the door, he got his manager on the line who said they had a 'Wing Tech' who would be in on tuesday and assured me he could take care of the paint and seat damage.
I want this bike very badly, but Im pissed about the dealers attitude and would walk in a second if they didnt already have my money and my accesories and the sale price.
I told him I would let their tech guy 'do his magic' and if satisfied with the results, I wouldnt kill the deal. But Im not holding my breath.
I aboslutely will never do business with these guys again, but I want this bike so badly.
In the same token, I know if I accepted this bike as it is, I would be totally jaded with it, especially everytime I washed it and saw the less than showroom finish I brought home.
to say Im conflicted is an understatement.