MADSTAD AIR FLOW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MADSTAD AIR FLOW

MADSTAD AIR FLOW

Just finished installing my 15" Madstad and test drive. I'm 6'3" and I think it's too tall. I'm not used to looking through a shield so it's a good thing I got the light gray. Sure hope it sheds the water when driving in the rain. Maybe I just have to get used to it. It does block a lot of wind and has brought the wind noise down a lot. I do seem to have a lot more air hitting me in the back. For those of you in the know, how do you eliminate it?
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Not to thread jack, but what did you have on before the Madstad?

I had a Honda Tall with the vent.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974

How do you have the shield adjusted? I am 6 foot even and have the 15 inch Madstad set at the lowest level. I look over the top by a good 4 inches. with the adjustability of the Madstad and a set of Baker handwings you can have almost total control of airflow around you.

NMRed
    2013 F6B Deluxe
    IBA# 63255

I started out with it adjusted all the way to the bottom and tilted all the way back. I was hoping that the top of the windshield would be at chin level. It is actually between the tip and bridge of my nose. The top of the shield is in my line of vision and is distracting. Guess I have to mentally adjust to this new style. Tonight I raised it so I am more looking through it. I am more accustomed to looking over the shields. I'll play around with my Baker hand wings tomorrow.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974

Like NMRed, I am 6' and have the 15" Madstad (dark smoke) set in the lowest position. I see well over mine also. I've never noticed any back pressure. Mine is set at the recommended 60 degrees which works well for me. Have you tried adjusting the angle? If you need a different height, Madstad will sell the outer shield by itself for around $120. I ordered a 13" medium gray to give it a try.

Attachment 20897

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Just finished installing my 15" Madstad and test drive. I'm 6'3" and I think it's too tall. I'm not used to looking through a shield so it's a good thing I got the light gray. Sure hope it sheds the water when driving in the rain. Maybe I just have to get used to it. It does block a lot of wind and has brought the wind noise down a lot. I do seem to have a lot more air hitting me in the back. For those of you in the know, how do you eliminate it?
    To me, Baker Hand Wings will remove most of the bad stuff. Hand wings and leg wings make as much difference as the shield---JMHO of course.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the honda tall windshield with vent . I do get buffeting and a vacuum that feels like someone is pushing me from behind. Also have the handwings which have not seemed to do anything as far as i can tell. Trying to get it sorted out but it is tough.

I am 6' with a 30" inseam. With the 15" Madstad in the lowest position and at the Madstad recommended 60 degree angle, I am looking well over the top of the WS. What is your inseam?
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

I also have a 32" inseam.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974