Considering a "B"
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Considering a "B"

Considering a "B"

Hi all, I'm a current 2013 Victory Cross Country owner. I like this bike but I've also been fighting with it over the years that I've owned it. The Vic has two major issues that hamper my riding pleasure and fun....heat and buffeting. Believe me, I've tried everything but in a nutshell, if I reduce one I get the other and the heat issues were bad enough that last year the bike was not ride-able in temps over 85 degrees. Its also got performance upgrades, which sound and go great but that V-Twin growl gets annoying on a multi-day ride.

I'm at the point in my life where my wife and I can start enjoying longer and longer touring rides,(Just came off a 5 day, 1900 mile trip around the Appalachians Mts.) I want a comfortable, quiet, reliable motorcycle that is capable of long distance touring while still having great handling, power and looks....I've been spending months going over my options and the F6B is really the only choice to fit my bill. Plus I've found some leftover Bs in my area at great prices

Anyway, glad to be here and I'm looking forward to talking with you all, finding out more about these great bikes and hopefully getting one of my own very soon.

Having had a very similar experience with Harley I can attest the F6B is truly a great machine. The only issue is the foot position. Coming from forward controls I am still bothered by the riding position. Many things can be done to help but be sure that will work for you. Also basic maintenance is relatively easy, but anything more on the "B" will take a lot of effort in removing the Tupperware to work on anything. Fortunately not much is ever needed. IF you go 2015 with cruise control no problem, I found I missed that a lot on my old 2013. The F6B out of the box will perform much better than your Vic, or any stock Harley. They are quiet in stock form which to my surprise I like a lot. The drive line is solid ( just check your fluid level as soon as you get it ) NO belts etc. Paint you will be disappointed in compared to your Vic, but the rest of the package is superior in my opinion. Best of luck with your decision.........

GaTeach
    Best bike ever!

I absolutely love the stock foot positions. Very comfortable for me.

Take the dive, pull the trigger, or whatever cliche you like, you will not be disappointed with the F6B. Rode a Harley for years, sold it, and didn't ride any thing for quite some time. When I saw the F6B in November 2015, liked the styling, sat on it and bought it two days later. Have managed to get over 3000 miles on it so far and just wishing the rainy weather would let up in my area so I can get out on the road. It's a dream machine and a pleasure to ride. Sure don't miss Harley's.

Quote Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
    Hi all, I'm a current 2013 Victory Cross Country owner. I like this bike but I've also been fighting with it over the years that I've owned it. The Vic has two major issues that hamper my riding pleasure and fun....heat and buffeting. Believe me, I've tried everything but in a nutshell, if I reduce one I get the other and the heat issues were bad enough that last year the bike was not ride-able in temps over 85 degrees. Its also got performance upgrades, which sound and go great but that V-Twin growl gets annoying on a multi-day ride. I'm at the point in my life where my wife and I can start enjoying longer and longer touring rides,(Just came off a 5 day, 1900 mile trip around the Appalachians Mts.) I want a comfortable, quiet, reliable motorcycle that is capable of long distance touring while still having great handling, power and looks....I've been spending months going over my options and the F6B is really the only choice to fit my bill. Plus I've found some leftover Bs in my area at great prices
    Anyway, glad to be here and I'm looking forward to talking with you all, finding out more about these great bikes and hopefully getting one of my own very soon.

I almost traded off my B for a Cross Country. I rode the Vic and liked the seating and foot position and really like the size of the saddlebags. I never cared the F6B saddlebags although I can fit my XL Full face helmet in them and that was a big plus for the F6B for me. But could not get past the lack of power and heat of the CC.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

shooter
    You talk about buffeting and I don't know if you mean the bike itself or your person. The stock shield is worthless but we can help you with suggestions on replacement shield. Your height will tell the story. As far as the bike in wind its big , it catches a lot of air. Having said that I think it cuts the wind as good as anything out there. I've ridden mine two up in 40 mph gusts and never complain. This is a great bike. Nobody in the industry makes a bike with the combination of power , looks and handling. I ride with a friend that has a CC. Its a nice bike but IMHO inferior in every way to the B. I live in MO where the combination of heat and humidity can be stifling. 100° and 80% can be had easily. I ride year round. That shield height is important in the summer. You need some air in the helmet. You won't be disappointed in the B if you decide to purchase it. Good luck.

The f6b will definitely solve all the problems you mentioned. In addition I think you'll find that many of us f6b riders have hit that point in life that you mentioned and we have been educated enough over years of riding to realize that perfect bike doesn't exist, but the B comes closer than any other bike out there.
    Those low prices aren't going to last much longer as word of this bike's performance gets out.
    When negotiating your deal make sure you have the dealer install a higher windshield before delivery. The one I had installed, with vent, allows me to cruise the Interstate at 80 mph with a baseball cap on. Yet when it gets hot you just open the vent for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
    Hi all, I'm a current 2013 Victory Cross Country owner. I like this bike but I've also been fighting with it over the years that I've owned it. The Vic has two major issues that hamper my riding pleasure and fun....heat and buffeting. Believe me, I've tried everything but in a nutshell, if I reduce one I get the other and the heat issues were bad enough that last year the bike was not ride-able in temps over 85 degrees. Its also got performance upgrades, which sound and go great but that V-Twin growl gets annoying on a multi-day ride.

I'm at the point in my life where my wife and I can start enjoying longer and longer touring rides,(Just came off a 5 day, 1900 mile trip around the Appalachians Mts.) I want a comfortable, quiet, reliable motorcycle that is capable of long distance touring while still having great handling, power and looks....I've been spending months going over my options and the F6B is really the only choice to fit my bill. Plus I've found some leftover Bs in my area at great prices

Hi nabor..I am in Unionville rt177,I had two Victory Cross Country's and I know you will love the power of the F6B.You can stop by and talk and look if you would like.

Ed...

2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Regarding the F6B's stock foot position comments so far in this thread; I think that is more of a matter that you just have to get "used" to the new position. Especially if you are coming from foot boards on a cruiser...

..I remember that for the first 2 weeks or so with my F6B, I kept swinging my feet into the valve covers on it; rather than moving them back to the driver's pegs; since I was so used to forward mounted floorboards on my Victory Vision and Rocket III.

Was finally able to break that habit.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Welcome, paiN, to our board! No doubt, the F6B that we all love would be vastly superior in many ways to your current ride. That said, if your wife is often the passenger, I would suggest you look at a full wing. It costs more but it's more comfortable for a passenger and has several additional features that you would probably enjoy.
    Ken (Hornblower)