Considering a "B" - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Considering a "B"

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Regarding the F6B's stock foot position comments so far in this thread; I think that is more of a matter that you just have to get "used" to the new position. Especially if you are coming from foot boards on a cruiser...

..I remember that for the first 2 weeks or so with my F6B, I kept swinging my feet into the valve covers on it; rather than moving them back to the driver's pegs; since I was so used to forward mounted floorboards on my Victory Vision and Rocket III.

Was finally able to break that habit.
    I'm still trying to not hit the kick stand when I stop and put my feet on the ground...dam thing sticks out there.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
    Hi all, I'm a current 2013 Victory Cross Country owner. I like this bike but I've also been fighting with it over the years that I've owned it. The Vic has two major issues that hamper my riding pleasure and fun....heat and buffeting. Believe me, I've tried everything but in a nutshell, if I reduce one I get the other and the heat issues were bad enough that last year the bike was not ride-able in temps over 85 degrees. Its also got performance upgrades, which sound and go great but that V-Twin growl gets annoying on a multi-day ride.

I'm at the point in my life where my wife and I can start enjoying longer and longer touring rides,(Just came off a 5 day, 1900 mile trip around the Appalachians Mts.) I want a comfortable, quiet, reliable motorcycle that is capable of long distance touring while still having great handling, power and looks....I've been spending months going over my options and the F6B is really the only choice to fit my bill. Plus I've found some leftover Bs in my area at great prices

Anyway, glad to be here and I'm looking forward to talking with you all, finding out more about these great bikes and hopefully getting one of my own very soon.
    "The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Good luck in your pursuit, I find tranquility in the Honda F6B.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

GaTeach
    Great pic Ed. that blue is a beautiful bike

The Deluxe is the touring best

If at all possible go for at least a Deluxe as it comes with the things that make a touring bike the best of the best, Center stand, self cancelling turn signals, cruise control, heated grips. My last bike didn't have these items and now I wouldn't buy a bike that didn't have them. The deluxe also comes with the backrest for the passenger. Like the others have stated the stock windshield is almost a joke on a touring bike so I had that change before I even took delivery on the bike. As far as foot position, I have no trouble with mine but I also added Rivco Aero Highway pegs to my deluxe and others have added Ergo 2 and ergo 3 pegs to theirs. Good luck on your purchase and don't be scared to go a little farther than normal to find your ride. The road home from the dealer will put a big smile on your face. My ride home was 130 miles and by the time I got there you couldn't have sold me any other motorcycle.

Thanks all, your comments make me feel like I'm definitely going in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxed View Post

Hi nabor..I am in Unionville rt177,I had two Victory Cross Country's and I know you will love the power of the F6B.You can stop by and talk and look if you would like.

Ed...

Hey Ed, weren't you on the Victory forum for a while? I'm next door in Bristol by Mountain View school and would really like to see your "B" and pick your brain about it vs. the XC. In fact what are you up to today?
    btw: Is that pic taken at Barkhamsted Res?

Quote Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
    Thanks all, your comments make me feel like I'm definitely going in the right direction.

Hey Ed, weren't you on the Victory forum for a while? I'm next door in Bristol by Mountain View school and would really like to see your "B" and pick your brain about it vs. the XC. In fact what are you up to today?
    btw: Is that pic taken at Barkhamsted Res?
    I am home now...I will PM you my address.
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Just my 2 cents. Like many others have stated I too came from riding Harley's for 35 years. Gave up riding 8 years ago because I was tired of the same ol Harley experience. A friend let me ride his B and all I could say was HOLY S*&T. This bike is amazing and I now own a 2016 standard. I didn't want another V twin so the flat 6 motor was a plus and has proved to be perfect. This bike has put the passion of motorcycling back into my life and I LIKE IT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

I came off two different Victory's, Kingpin Tour and a Vision Tour. Both nice bikes and the Vision was great on the highway...But, nothing like the F6B for all that is important to me. Smoother, faster, handles better, no heat off motor, and a much better price and deal for the money...The new Indians are also great bikes, but reports indicated the motor is hot and loud in traffic and some of the controls are a little "cheezy"..Plan to ride one this week-end at a local demo-days ride...So far there is nothing out there that I would favor in place of my current ride......Good luck and buy the Honda....

Also owned 2 Vics--- Kingpin and Cross Roads. It is a quality machine but the dealer support---or rather lack of dealer support is what ran me away. There are a number of differences.

The Victory is much roomier and expect to spend for a new windshield/seat and possibly risers to get the bike to fit. It took all three for me, but at 6'1" @ around 260 and 32" inseam I don't fit many bikes stock, but Victory was one of them. The B is much different. It rides and handles more like a sport bike than a big cruiser and you will not believe the powertrain. A lot of guys complain about the clunk going into 1st gear, but you are used to that by now I am sure.

I don't regret the trade at all.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had a VTX1300R which I used to love, and traded in on the B. I've ridden more in the 2 months I've owned the B, than I did in 7 months on the VTX. Add the Rivco flip out hi way pegs, and it's extremely comfortable. Had the seat modded by Mean City Cycles & added heat, and LEDs all around.

It's a little heavy when stopped, but seems much more nimble when moving than my VTX, the Aero 750, and the Burgman 650. And the amount of throttle still left at 70mph is amazing

Love the Beast!

Just do it!