Radio Volume Problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radio Volume Problem

Radio Volume Problem

Hi. when i first got my f6b i would play the radio on 16 or 17 on the volume setting and it was plenty loud. Now for some reason i need it all the way on 30 it does not play anywhere near as loud as what it did. I must have done something but for the life of me i can't figure out what. Any help would be great.
    Richie

You may have hit the mute button.

Ya, sounds like you may have pushed in the mute button, or maybe you had the AVC on HI but turned it down or off while messing with it.

I checked the mute button and the avc, I will let the dealer look at it next week. Thanks for the suggestions. Must be a something i am missing.
    Richie

I think when I set mine up I cancelled the rear speakers out. Seemed to make it louder.cueman

There is a setting (I believe) that will adjust the volume based on the surrounding ambient noise. You can enable/disable it. Check your owners manual.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Help!

Yes my F6B radio is also short on volume! I have adjusted the fade from the rear to the front speakers and double checked the Mute Butten. Still is impossible to hear above 40 mph?

I am very frustrated, since Honda has such a great repretation for having super stereos!

Schuvwj

Quote Originally Posted by Schuvwj View Post
    Yes my F6B radio is also short on volume! I have adjusted the fade from the rear to the front speakers and double checked the Mute Butten. Still is impossible to hear above 40 mph?

I am very frustrated, since Honda has such a great repretation for having super stereos!

Schuvwj
    If you are still using the stock windshield then you won't hear the stereo until you get a taller shield. Wind noise drowns it out.

yup

what bobby said, I settled on baggershield 11", set at 12.5", to get a compromise between the low look, and hearing the radio. I have also found the songs playing thru my ipod,plugged in the usb in saddlebag, are louder at full volume than the radio stations. Jim

60MPH

With the stock shield on I had the radio volume at 21 and could hear it fine up to 60MPH then forget it, too much wind noise. I put an 11", well, I have it adjusted up, so 12 1/2" dark tint Baggershield on it now and with raido volume at 21 I can still hear it at 80MPH. Windshield will make a BIG difference.