First Ride Impression - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Ride Impression

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
    THANKS! Glad to be here. Normally I wouldn't want to belong to any group or club that would let me be a member.
    I promise the next pics wont have some fat dude making a douchey face.

Nice looking bike. Welcome to the F6b club, Mike!
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Groucho

BTW, thanks for reminding me to check the final drive level. It was below the bottom of the hole and needed a top off.
    First ride yesterday with medium wide tour vented recurve clearview.
    Rode to shop to return Honda Headsets. Windy again in Vegas (imagine that!) but I could definitely tell a difference. I have the shield at its highest, the bubble moved to the top of my helmet, I almost wish I had ordered the tall.
    But I think with the winds there was no getting away from some buffeting.
    Stereo is much more audible, and with the vent opened up to about an inch it kind of creates a boundary layer of air on the backside of the shield which helps move the bubble just a wee higher than with the vent full open.
    Someone here said that once you're rolling the minor waviness in the vented shield is not a distraction. This is true and not bad enough in my opinion to be an issue. My OCD just doesnt help, though.
    I have had clearviews before on my FLHTS and dont ever remember any waviness, so Im chalking it up to the vent tweaking the shield. Not a dealkiller but it is a little disappointing because of the cost and the name of the company