Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
Which one did you get?

I think that you will like it once it is on, and you have ridden it for a couple of hundred miles.

I haven't gone dark side on my F6B yet, but did on the VTX. It was a little weird at first, but I had been warned to not form an opinion on it until I had some miles on the tire.

After about 500 miles I really got used to how it handled with the GYTT on the back. Ruts in the road were a pain, but boy did the tire add stopping power to the bike. A couple of times I had to lock it up because of cagers doing stupid things without warning, and not once did the rear end let loose on me. I put on over 13,000 miles on that tire before I traded the VTX in on the F6B, and it still looked like new.

Are you planning on going double dark?
I bought a Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3... after much internal debate concerning what tire to try.

1010tires.com is where I purchased it from... pulled from their website: Increased traction at low temperatures for improved braking and handling in the wet and better overall performance in the snow, all the result of the revolutionary Helio CompoundTM, with sunflower oil.

I am aware of the sensation of ruts pulling the rear of the bike; felt that sensation a bit while running that big 240 tire on my Rocket III. And am sure as you said above; it will be more pronounced with a car tire so I am prepared/expecting/resigning myself to that. Not a show stopper for me though....

One thing that I noticed with the Michelin tire... is how HEAVY it is... I am going to weigh it with my game scale... I think it's about 25 pounds...

Only "double darkside" that I would consider... if I was going to trike this thing