Name this highway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name this highway

Name this highway

(hint, california)
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

I don't remember the number but I do believe that's Senora Pass...

hwy 330, road going up to Big Bear

Hwy 108...photo is named...but like 3 Chief said...Sonora Pass

State Route 108, also known as Highway 108. SR 108 runs generally northeast across central California from Modesto crossing the Sierra Nevada at Sonora Pass, to U.S. Route 395 near the Nevada state line. The route was once recommended to continue south of Modesto to Interstate 5, although today the route is a county road. Parts of SR 108 are closed annually during the winter due to inclement weather along the summit. Highway 108 is one of many great rides in the golden state.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    State Route 108, also known as Highway 108. SR 108 runs generally northeast across central California from Modesto crossing the Sierra Nevada at Sonora Pass, to U.S. Route 395 near the Nevada state line. The route was once recommended to continue south of Modesto to Interstate 5, although today the route is a county road. Parts of SR 108 are closed annually during the winter due to inclement weather along the summit. Highway 108 is one of many great rides in the golden state.
    Big Larry, I'm afraid to ask the GPS coordinates of that particular sign because I know damn sure you would have them... off the top of your head.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Big Larry, I'm afraid to ask the GPS coordinates of that particular sign because I know damn sure you would have them... off the top of your head.
    38.3277 N, 119.6368 W or near about

At 9,623' elev. Sonora Pass is the second-highest highway pass in the Sierra Nevada, lower by 321 ft. than Tioga Pass to the south. Having been born and raised in Calif. and ridden most of Calif's. good MC roads over the last 65+ years I would rate State Route 108 as one of the 10 best in the state.
    I had to cheat, I did not know the GPS coordinates of that particular sign only Sonora Pass and not off the top of my head, but off my Bikes's GPS.

At 9,623' elev. Sonora Pass is the second-highest highway pass in the Sierra Nevada, lower by 321 ft. than Tioga Pass to the south. Having been born and raised in Calif. and ridden most of Calif's. good MC roads over the last 65+ years I would rate State Route 108 as one of the 10 best in the state.
    I had to cheat, I did not know the GPS coordinates of that particular sign only Sonora Pass and not off the top of my head, but off my Bikes's GPS.
    I drove it last year...I don't recommend it in a truck with a camper hauling a bike trailer...Was an awesome drive but the GF was freaking out the whole time. I'm heading back down south next week and hopefully get to run it on the B sometime during my time there.

I still would have bet the house you had the coordinates of either the sign or the Pass. BTW I did a C2C in July of 2015 to San Francisco, had I known Sonora Pass was within striking distance I would have hit it since it's in your top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I still would have bet the house you had the coordinates of either the sign or the Pass. BTW I did a C2C in July of 2015 to San Francisco, had I known Sonora Pass was within striking distance I would have hit it since it's in your top 10.
    There is always next time my friend