Name this highway - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Name this highway

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    There is always next time my friend
    Amen to that. I had a ride in appointment at Russell but got caught in a storm in Mill City, Nevada on July 8th the likes I've never seen in my life. Hail/torrential rain and a 30 mph south wind, gusting to who knows, that deputy sheriff's closed down I-80. Nothing like standing in the rain for 90 minutes till the flooded interstate waters subside. Called Russell, told them my predicament, they refunded my deposit, top notch operation. Waited 2 years for that ride and that appointment so I WILL go back, except the next time I see a storm curtain... I'll stay in Winnemucca.

I'll Bite!

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_weasle View Post
    (hint, california)
    I think with a 26% grade they should have called it Hell's Drop! My God a 9% grade is bad enough let alone one that steep.

Attachment 20925

I grew up riding the canyons of So-Cal. This one was one of my all time favs. I could spend a whole day hitting all the canyons in the Santa Monicas, some maybe multiple times in both directions. Long before all the squids over ran it and turned the area into a CHiP convention. Mulholland being a perfect example.
    Grew up in Simi Valley.
    The Santa Susana Pass Road between Simi and San Fernando Valley used to be one of the only ways in from the valley before the 118 freeway. We settled all our grudge matches on 'The Pass'. Everyone I know left skin and paint on that road. And off the side of it. Another favorite sunday ride was the backway to Santa Paula out of Moorpark to the 150 to the 33 out of Ojai to either the Pine Mountain Inn or Frazier Park via Lockwood cutoff. Anyone remember the moto movie doc called 'Take It To The Limit'? Movie opens with roadracer Dave Emde on a bonestock XS11 whipping up to 130 on the 33 before he got into a high speed wobble.

uh-oh. Didn't mean to sidetrack. my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
    uh-oh. Didn't mean to sidetrack. my apologies.
    Happens all the time mate, just as long as you say you are sorry, all is forgiven - mostly......

And especially if the hi-jack is worthwhile and not a monotone soliloquy on how Stroh's parents abused him and Shooter was made to watch.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Happens all the time mate, just as long as you say you are sorry, all is forgiven - mostly......

And especially if the hi-jack is worthwhile and not a monotone soliloquy on how Stroh's parents abused him and Shooter was made to watch.....

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I think with a 26% grade they should have called it Hell's Drop! My God a 9% grade is bad enough let alone one that steep.
    It would be an awesome ride tho, I had a blast in the truck but I like a challenge. On the B it would very cool...