#helibarsaretheshit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #helibarsaretheshit

GaTeach

#helibarsaretheshit

Lol.

So you got them on and have taken them for a ride? Tells us more.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

We have to wait 'till later. She must be ridin' now!

I already know they are going to be a hit. Undeniably the best money I've spent on my F6B hands down. or where ever you want them because there is just that much adjustment...

Last word I got from Teach....

I got one text today.....it went something like this:
    "OMFGIamsoexcitedIcannotstandit-thesehelibarsareamazingandImgoingridingbye."
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

GaTeach
    I don't even know where to start. Yes....I headed straight for the mountains!!!
    Attachment 20979

The positioning is just amazing I feel a million times better already BUT

it's the handling that has blown me away.

My buddy that installed them was very impressed with the manual. He also watched a youtube last night and he had no problems installing them.

Thanks for being on standby Ken. I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    I don't even know where to start. Yes....I headed straight for the mountains!!!
    Attachment 20979

The positioning is just amazing I feel a million times better already BUT

it's the handling that has blown me away.

My buddy that installed them was very impressed with the manual. He also watched a youtube last night and he had no problems installing them.

Thanks for being on standby Ken. I appreciate that.
    That cross bar really stiffens up the feel of the front end. Makes it feel solid swishing back and forth in the twisties.

shooter
    Glad you like em Teach. Some things make a big difference. Its what makes the ride more pleasurable.

GaTeach
    If I hit a speed bump or railroad tracks too fast, SG would wallow all over the road for a couple seconds. With these bars, there is NO wallowing at all.

Not that I would hit a speed bump, railroad tracks, or curbs too fast.....

And these bars have totally taken the venom out of tar snakes. Did anyone else notice that?

Also, it was exceptionally windy here yesterday. She held her line much easier.

I'm impressed. I really wish I could leave her alone for a couple of days and let my shoulder and wrist heal. Wishful thinking.

Good report there, Teach Lets' see...how can we get you to spend even more money on aftermarket stuff? Oh yeah, and I'm being serious here, your next purchase should be a fork brace. The fork brace, in conjunction with Helibars, will make your front end even more stable. It's not too expensive and very easy to add. Also, on the Helibars, just leave off those little black rubber plugs for now so you can continue to tweak the positions. Ride and adjust, ride and adjust, ride and adjust. Once you're sure the bars are optimal for you, then you can put those plugs back in. Point being, make full use of all the adjustments available to you. IMO, wrist angle is one of the more important adjustments you can make for comfort but that may vary from rider-to-rider. Another adjustment I've heard touted is for height. For that, adjust until your forearms are relatively level when in your normal riding position. Just a couple of things to think about...
    Ken (Hornblower)