Just ordered the Michelin Alpin 5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just ordered the Michelin Alpin 5

Quote Originally Posted by zwodreizehn View Post
    The problem with that pic is it doesn't represent a "inflated tire" A tire which distinctively "pops" when airing it up indicates the bead has seated. Unfortunately folks forget that when they see that "cross sectioned photo". Having witnessed several CT's being mounted to cycle rims, I can personally attest that the Gates Tire Machine has one hell of a time breaking the bead of the CT/cycle rim combo and the distinctive "bead pop" when aired up

Wondering why ...

.. you didn't consider the Bridgestone Driveguard run flat tire?

I have it on my F6B and have run it for about 5000 miles. I
    really like it a great deal. Performance stats are great and it's
    a RF, too. I like that.

German law and insurances against Darksiders...

Went to the darkside last week. I was very imperessed about my ride. The CT feels good, very stable on german "Autobahn" (highway without speedlimit). No reason to swith back to a MC tire... but...

here in germany, we have to get such modifications written down in the motorcycle-documents. if i do not, i get rid of my insurance. even if an other road user causes the crash. german laws suck. and the technical authority denied the approval. "a car tire is called a car tire, because it fits only on a car..."

so i have to go back to the bridgestone mc tire. i would like to give the CT to anyone of this community. the shipping costs 60 us dollars. i will give the tire for free. anyone interested?

MICHELIN CROSSCLIMATE XL 195/55 R16

Attachment 21380

Cool

Tire looks like a keeper.... I just last week installed a new CT...If no one else needs/wants the tire
    I will take it off your hands. Are your sure about shipping only $60 US for the tire?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com