Changed the rear tire - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changed the rear tire

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Wayne a lot of times the ramp part comes off easily. You ride the bike up on the rack then put it on the center stand. Put the ratchet strap on like I suggested the drag the bike back to where it hangs off. I raise the rack up to where I can sit on my roller stool under it and remove the wheel. Its just that easy.
    I won't try it alone. With my luck, I'd be one of the fails you see on you tube.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

shooter
    You're right. Its easier with a little help.

This guy sure let's the bike drop a little harder than I imagine needs to be done; at approximately :50 into the video

Or am I reading in to the bikes movement and "crunching noise" too much?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    This guy sure let's the bike drop a little harder than I imagine needs to be done; at approximately :50 into the video

Or am I reading in to the bikes movement and "crunching noise" too much?

I'm with ya, Will.
    I think it slightly got away from him once it got over near the end and he let it down a tad too hard.
    It probably sounded worse than it actually was, but still, a little bit too "crunchy" for me too....LOL.
    I've done this a few times before, and the Wing gets really heavy right there at the last of it and one needs to be ready for that.
    At my age, I'm sticking to the table lift for tire changes, etc.
    I saw a guy last week dump a GW at the gas station. He didn't have the kickstand down all the way and it got away from him.
    It didn't appear to do any damage to it as the bars did their job, but he didn't have a clue how to get it back up and there was no one around to help him.
    I went over and asked if I could pick it back up for him. He agreed and I picked it right back up. He was probably 15-20 years younger than me and couldn't believe I did that....LOL. It's all in the technique.