Summer Vacation 2016
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Vacation 2016

GaTeach

Summer Vacation 2016

Starting with 27,517 miles.

(Since 27June2015)

Stay safe...got a goal for the summer miles?

GaTeach
    Patch-no goals. This is just me. Rollin. Although if I'm within one hundred miles of the next 1000 mark, it's very hard for me to get to the house. Lol

Yesterday afternoon, for instance, I'm 48 miles shy of 28K. Normally, there is no way I would've let that stand. Lol. But I stopped by the house, closed my eyes JUST FOR A MINUTE, and woke up twelve hours later.

Btw, with your mileage, we may run into each other in the next couple of months. I'm planning to head through your great state. Stopping in The Woodlands, Round Rock, and Seguin.

omgwtfbbq! I do the same thing...If I'm close to ticking a 1K marker, I keep riding. I knew there had to be someone else out there that did this.

I'm in Pflugerville, just an exit or two down from Round Rock. If you are gonna be in the area on a weekend or a day other than end of a month, and you are up for an adventure I'd be happy to join you for a trip out for the three sisters if you're up for an all day event, or if you'd like to explore around the Austin area, there are about 10 really good roads that can be hit in a matter of 6 to 8 hours.

And open to anyone passing through the area...I'd be happy to buy ya lunch or dinner if you're just passing through. There are alot of unique places to get your grub on. Just let me know what yer hunkerin' for.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Patch-no goals. This is just me. Rollin. Although if I'm within one hundred miles of the next 1000 mark, it's very hard for me to get to the house. Lol

Yesterday afternoon, for instance, I'm 48 miles shy of 28K. Normally, there is no way I would've let that stand. Lol. But I stopped by the house, closed my eyes JUST FOR A MINUTE, and woke up twelve hours later.

Btw, with your mileage, we may run into each other in the next couple of months. I'm planning to head through your great state. Stopping in The Woodlands, Round Rock, and Seguin.
    Were you able to get your Heli bars mounted? If so how do you like them? I can read so I don't need a photo.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

GaTeach
    Plungerville haha. I've thrown down at the Dessau Dance Hall a time or two.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Were you able to get your Heli bars mounted?
    They're mounted. I've got about a thousand miles on them. They are unreal. I really wasn't expecting this dramatic of a difference. Right side feels great.

But the handling. Omg. I was on an extremely rough road earlier today. The pavement was wavy. Across the lane and down the lane. Lol. Before I would've been bouncing all over the road. No more.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    They're mounted. I've got about a thousand miles on them. They are unreal. I really wasn't expecting this dramatic of a difference. Right side feels great.

But the handling. Omg. I was on an extremely rough road earlier today. The pavement was wavy. Across the lane and down the lane. Lol. Before I would've been bouncing all over the road. No more.
    If I am not mistaken the bar at the top that connects the unit together ads some stability to the forks.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Yes, it does provide stability.

Between an added fork brace and that bar, there is very little wiggle room for the handlebars.

Helibars are on my "wish list."
    Maybe I can get a "go-fund-me" thing started.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Yes, it does provide stability.

Between an added fork brace and that bar, there is very little wiggle room for the handlebars.

Helibars are on my "wish list."
    Maybe I can get a "go-fund-me" thing started.....

hahaha good plan brother!

Teach, you are absolutely amazing!