Summer Vacation 2016 - Page 11
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Summer Vacation 2016

GaTeach
    Attachment 21990

Grant (Blueverclear) met me at Dot's Diner in Kenner (HMMOG-stop there if you're in the area). We met up with another riding buddy of his-a super cool HD guy named Gus. (Yes, there are super cool HD guys)

We rode miles of backroads in the bayou at extremely high speeds. Canals on both sides of the road. What a blast. They dropped me off just east of the Atchafalaya Basin.

I had a big time riding with these guys in South Louisiana. In this pic, we are waiting on a swinging bridge. Got around the pickup in a hurry.

Couple of observations:
    I thought canals on both sides of the road was kind of scary until Grant explained to me why it wasn't. "Yeah, you get wet. But it's a lot softer than pavement or ground." Lol

I thought Louisiana had a lot of gravel on the roads. They don't. Colorado and Pennsylvania have a lot of gravel on the road.

Everyone in the rest of the country must come dump their trash on the side of the road in LA. What the hell, people?

Grant told his buddy, Gus, to take the lead and kick it. Gus said, "Kick it? What about her?" Grant said, "Don't you worry about her, buddy, she'll keep up." Lol too much fun

GaTeach
    Attachment 21991

This place is in the middle of NOWHERE

GaTeach
    Attachment 21992

They don't play down there in the swamp.

GaTeach
    Attachment 21993

Out of order but this is what I looked like when I left. Everything in the bags, including leather jacket, chaps, heated gear, and modular helmet.

I ended up shipping the leather/heated gear to Monument, CO once I got to Mobile and then shipped it home when I left Colorado.

But that's it. A backpack and a small pocketbook.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Attachment 21993

Out of order but this is what I looked like when I left. Everything in the bags, including leather jacket, chaps, heated gear, and modular helmet.

I ended up shipping the leather/heated gear to Monument, CO once I got to Mobile and then shipped it home when I left Colorado.

But that's it. A backpack and a small pocketbook.
    I wore the modular helmet once. That was about six miles up the base of Pike's Peak when it was pouring rain and pea-sized hail. Dear lord.

I was rained on a grand total of about fifteen minutes the whole trip.

GaTeach
    Attachment 22001

And then it's welcome to Texas, where people know how to drive.

GaTeach
    Attachment 22002

This is in Huntsville TX. I met my friend from The Woodlands here for lunch. Great riding in the Sam Houston State Forest. It's beautiful in Texas. What a great state. I loved every mile.

I enjoyed this thread...good stuff...thanks! If you do get to Maine, you best put some time aside for us "locals".
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Attachment 21978

Shooter, is this the ferry you were on? This is up in Augusta, by Maysville. I went up there to take it but the engine had blown up. Or at least that's what the mail lady told me.
    No Teach , that's not one of them. We took two different ferry's , one of them twice. Both directions. I don't know the names. I just follow Trevor. Ohio has reasonable ferry rates. Dollar per wheel. Here in MO they charge $7 per bike. What a rip. I do my best to never give them money.

GaTeach
    Attachment 22022

I met a lady in Decatur, TX who told me about Palo Alto. Worth it. Man, I love Texas. Love love love love