Summer Vacation 2016 - Page 12
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Summer Vacation 2016

GaTeach
    Attachment 22023

Goodnight, TX in the panhandle. I stumbled upon this cemetery looking for a quiet place to have a cigar! Mr. Goodnight was considered the father of ranching in the panhandle. Cowboys and ranch hands leave bandanas when they go by to pay their respects. Of course I tied a bandana to the fence!

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Attachment 21990

Grant (Blueverclear) met me at Dot's Diner in Kenner (HMMOG-stop there if you're in the area). We met up with another riding buddy of his-a super cool HD guy named Gus. (Yes, there are super cool HD guys)

We rode miles of backroads in the bayou at extremely high speeds. Canals on both sides of the road. What a blast. They dropped me off just east of the Atchafalaya Basin.

I had a big time riding with these guys in South Louisiana. In this pic, we are waiting on a swinging bridge. Got around the pickup in a hurry.

Couple of observations:
    I thought canals on both sides of the road was kind of scary until Grant explained to me why it wasn't. "Yeah, you get wet. But it's a lot softer than pavement or ground." Lol

I thought Louisiana had a lot of gravel on the roads. They don't. Colorado and Pennsylvania have a lot of gravel on the road.

Everyone in the rest of the country must come dump their trash on the side of the road in LA. What the hell, people?

Grant told his buddy, Gus, to take the lead and kick it. Gus said, "Kick it? What about her?" Grant said, "Don't you worry about her, buddy, she'll keep up." Lol too much fun
    Yea we had waaay too much fun that day lol it was really great!

Attachment 21991

This place is in the middle of NOWHERE
    Attachment 21992

They don't play down there in the swamp.
    The place is Zams Swamp tours off of LA 307 (Kraemer Bayou Rd). Really cool place on a great road out in the middle of nowhere.
    https://www.google.com/#q=zam%27s+swamp+tour

Oh, and did she tell yall about the snakes???? lmao

20160609_105249.jpg20160609_095453.jpg

GaTeach
    The people I know from this forum turned a spectacular trip into a spectacular trip X 1,000,000

GaTeach
    Attachment 22031

I spent a week riding in Colorado. If you've never ridden out there, I highly recommend. I have never seen anything like it. Mile after mile of stunning vistas with very little traffic.

GaTeach
    Attachment 22032

Pike's Peak. Scared to death.

Attachment 22031

I spent a week riding in Colorado. If you've never ridden out there, I highly recommend. I have never seen anything like it. Mile after mile of stunning vistas with very little traffic.
    Colorado was spoke of as a destination for our next years group ride.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Colorado was spoke of as a destination for our next years group ride.
    If you get the opportunity to ride out there, take it! I couldn't get over it.

GaTeach
    Attachment 22047

This picture was taken north of Ouray, where I stopped to catch my breath from the Million Dollar Highway.

That road....

Switchbacks, loose gravel, high winds, colossal drop offs RIGHT AT THE WHITE LINE, and stunning vistas.

Just crazy. I was trying like hell to flap my elbows but they were having no part of that. I'm pretty sure all my riding coaches would've been shaking their collective heads in dismay had they seen my performance on this road.

GaTeach
    Dang, still haven't gotten all the pix posted from the last trip and I'm headed out again tomorrow. I'm going to Maine! If anyone is in that area and wants to ride, please holler!!!!!

(especially if you're on a white bike and can make those Pennsylvanians get out of the hammer lane)

GaTeach
    Attachment 22175

Pemaquid Point Maine.

Tomorrow SG and I are going north. Moose hunting.