BMW Concept 6 cylinder bagger targets F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BMW Concept 6 cylinder bagger targets F6B

Rode a K1600

I too considered the K1600 before buying my F6B. A great dealer let me take one out for a 50 mile test ride. A very impressive bike it is. The I-6 engine is somewhat similar to Honda's flat sixes, smooth with a broad powerband. The BMW has more top end power though the Honda seems to have a bit more at the low end. I loved the electric windshield -- you could get perfect coverage with the touch of a button.

The styling didn't do much for me, but that wasn't the deal breaker. I talked to some owners with nightmarish stories about maintenance and reliability. One guy had his water pump replaced several times. An oil change is a real PITA. The fancy electronics were buggy. The Honda (except for the air cleaner) looked like a lot less work, and cost about half. I haven't had any regrets.

Reminds me more of the Rune than the Goldwing.

Big elephant in the room - Say you want to replace the windscreen for something taller - how would that work? Looking at the angle, there is nothing but introduce a steep curve which will break the flowing lines.

Saddle bags look worthless.
    2016 Honda F6B Deluxe . Matte Pearl White . Klock Werks Fairing

It looks badass (the concept) Believe the hardbag capacity will be similar, and probably room for luggage rack as well. BUT what im diggin the most is the line 6. No monstrous fairing.....and with a 36 in inseam, that is a huge consideration.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

BMW dealers are to far apart for me...the pipes look about 10 feet long !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Looks like CTX1300.

The k1600 is a great bike. It has been just as reliable as my f6b. The motor is a beast. It has amazing power and can easily and comfortably cruise at speeds my f6b doesn't like. It has all the bells and whistles the f6b has and many many more. My maintenance costs have not been unreasonable. However, I do prefer the lower cruiser platform and comfort of the f6b, so I am very interested in the new version of the k1600. If I don't end up with the new version I plan on keeping my current k1600 for a long time along with my f6b. They have been my favorite bikes I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Looks like it has a built in goose neck trailer hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Looks like it has a built in goose neck trailer hitch.
    I thought that was the shifter
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

bigdawg I never found a speed the F6 did not like what was that speed for you?
    I have been in triple digits for 3 or 4 miles at a time no trouble with trailer in toe.