BMW Concept 6 cylinder bagger targets F6B - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: BMW Concept 6 cylinder bagger targets F6B

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I agree that the engine may be more relaxed due to running at a lower percentage of max redline rpm.

But from a riders point of view, more relaxed is a lower rpm, period. It's when an engine starts sound too busy that we want another gear.

Guys coming from twins feel the six is "busy", even a the same rpm.

My KZ1300 would run at 4000 rpm at 72mph. With a redline of 8500, that was pretty high/busy. I'm happy with the gl1800's lower rpm even though it is a similar percentage.
    Disagree. I ride both of them back to back almost every day and might have just a little more experience of which one feels more relaxed at say 85 mph. No comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    What is that?
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Ugly.
    Somebody told me that BMW design their motorbikes using "Kriegsmarine manual to design U-Boots" from II-nd WW.
    And it's true. This motorbike is confirmation.

I looked hard at the K1600 before buying my F6B. The appeal is certainly there with it's classy controls and 160 hp.

In the end, I paid 1/2 the price and got a super reliable and fast motorcycle in the F6B. My Honda has plenty of power for me and I find myself using most of it on occasion.

I don't ride motorcycles for the controls glitz or top end mph. I prefer the "old school" controls and simply enjoy listening to the engine cut the wind. When I pass vehicles on the interstate, it happens fast. I love that !!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    Disagree. I ride both of them back to back almost every day and might have just a little more experience of which one feels more relaxed at say 85 mph. No comparison.
    To each their own. With no facts, it's just an opinion. YMMV, yada, yada, yada, and all that stuff. Enjoy your rides.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post

Guys coming from twins feel the six is "busy", even a the same rpm.

I came from a VTX1300R, and I'm not sure that the F6B engine feels "busy" at 3000 compared to the VTX at 3000. It does sound a little "buzzy" or like it is "whirring" to me, but it definitely doesn't sound like it it working harder. Just different.

And quieter!