iPod charging? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPod charging?

Hers is a gen7 nano that got dropped on the power switch corner so it doesn't shut off. Its funny cause I put an aux plug in the left pocket and it charges fine there. Plug it into the USB in the bag and it'll play a 3-4 hrs. then die. On the rented wing the USB was in the trunk. She plugged in and road all day and it stayed charged the whole time. I'll see if it'll charge a cell phone or something.
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    Hers is a gen7 nano that got dropped on the power switch corner so it doesn't shut off. Its funny cause I put an aux plug in the left pocket and it charges fine there. Plug it into the USB in the bag and it'll play a 3-4 hrs. then die. On the rented wing the USB was in the trunk. She plugged in and road all day and it stayed charged the whole time. I'll see if it'll charge a cell phone or something.
    Try resetting the ipod by holding both the play and center menu down until the apple appears that might help. It just resets the power and does not effect anything loaded on the ipod. I have an old one also and that sometimes happens but the reset sorts it out.
    If not next time your driving over a bridge give it a fling and then go to Wally mart buy her a new one and put it under her pillow, she will be happy. there is no cost for happy wife

Charging

Had the issue with an older iPod. After troubleshooting, I did not have the latest update installed from Apple for the iPod. Plugged into computer, installed update, worked perfect.
    In the Garage:
    2014 Yamaha VMAX 1700- Matte Grey
    2015 Honda F6B- Matte Grey

Well I guess I was too dam excited to get the bike {had it 4 days} to look in the saddle bag for a charger,have been using the plug in the leftside pocket,well you learn something new everyday. Now I gotta go look for this elusive saddle bag plug.