Hate your F6B color? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hate your F6B color?

Is the matte silver better than the black? I mean does the paint hold up better to scratches and such?
    Mark Flanagan
    2001 BMW R1150GS

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Is the matte silver better than the black? I mean does the paint hold up better to scratches and such?
    Well, there is no clear coat, so it does not show any scratches. But, without the clear coat, there is no paint protection.

I love the look of this matte finish, but I discovered just how fragile this paint is.

A few days after I got this bike, I had made a couple of the key mods, using the radio knob idea. Anyways, upon inserting one in the keys into the fuel door lock, my thumb nail stabbed the paint and put a little tiny cut into the paint, weird right.

So ya just have to be a little careful. It's not a big issue at all.

For having this bike for 14 months now , that little tiny thumb nail cut is the only paint damage that has occurred.

The paint seems durable. I do wash it all the time, using a soft cloth and water. Cleans up real easy. I haven't tried the windex yet.

I ride it all the time and gotta keep er clean.

I think I'm planning to paint mine next winter. Not so much to change colors, but just to get a more custom and durable paint job.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    I have a 2015 with the Matte Silver finish with a little over 3000 miles, and while cleaning I noticed a couple of small nicks in the finish but no fading of rubbing off of the paint as I'm cleaning. I use Ducky's Matte Finish Cleaner and it seem to be protecting the paint pretty good, so I'll keep using it,. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigit View Post
    I highly doubt average shop could produce quality close to OEM, thou I'm pretty sure there are some real good once.
    I'm a shade tree painter and I could do 10 times better than OEM