Rolling Thunder

Thread: Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder

Heading out early tomorrow morning for Rolling Thunder in DC. Anyone else going from this board?

The actual rally and ride are on Sunday morning, departing from the Pentagon parking lot. On Monday, we (IAVA, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans Association) are placing a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at exactly 12:01.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

I'm riding down with a few friends. We'll get there Sat eve and leave Mon AM.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Heard a Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    Heading out early tomorrow morning for Rolling Thunder in DC. Anyone else going from this board?

The actual rally and ride are on Sunday morning, departing from the Pentagon parking lot. On Monday, we (IAVA, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans Association) are placing a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at exactly 12:01.
    Don't know if its true, but heard that the money for the vets isn't getting to them like it is suppose too. They are blaming the rolling thunder operations for this. Like I said, just a rumor and not sure it has any validation.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Don't know if its true, but heard that the money for the vets isn't getting to them like it is suppose too. They are blaming the rolling thunder operations for this. Like I said, just a rumor and not sure it has any validation.
    That's kinda out there.....It's not like the traffic jam for Rolling Thunder (on a long weekend when govt schedules itself to work less anyway) is somehow impeding the flow of electrons from govt banks to veterans' bank accounts.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Just what I was told by a vet

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    That's kinda out there.....It's not like the traffic jam for Rolling Thunder (on a long weekend when govt schedules itself to work less anyway) is somehow impeding the flow of electrons from govt banks to veterans' bank accounts.....
    That the moneys earmarked for the vets isn't getting to them, I have no further info on what his source was but he usually knows what he is talking about. I have no further information on it and only this individual story that the Rolling Thunder group isn't transfering the amount of money that should be coming to the vets.