Help with Purchase Opinions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with Purchase Opinions

Help with Purchase Opinions

I am about to pull the trigger on F6B, Is the extra $1000 for the deluxe model worth it????

Quote Originally Posted by GSP View Post
    I am about to pull the trigger on F6B, Is the extra $1000 for the deluxe model worth it????
    IMO not a fan of self canceling signals and don't need a center stand or backrest. So for me it offers no value.
    It's your bike and your loot so it's your call.

Beagle

Yes. But only you know if you want the stuff you get for $1k. I can't imagine a big bike without center stand, and even in AZ, I will use the heated grips in winter. My wife loves the backrest...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

You can find a center stands on the net for dirt cheap and its easy to install. I've been riding for 40 years and I think only one bike had self canceling turn signals, no big deal. Since I have several bikes I have heated gloves that way I can use them on all of them. A thousand bucks will buy you a nice exhaust system with money to spare. Now if they had cruise control as an option that would be a different story............but even then of the 40 years of riding only my last Wing had cruise, don't know if I would spend the big bucks for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GSP View Post
    I bought the standard but had to purchase a backrest for the wife. I didn't want a center stand but would like the heated grips so I just should have bought the deluxe and been done with it.

I have to agree with the Great Beagle of the Northwest.....I bought a Standard model specfically because I sdid not want the self-canceling turn signals, and I did not want the passenger backrest. After getting mine, I found a NEW centerstand at Honda of Russellville (one of our forum sponsors) that they take-off a brand new 2012 Wing, to make it a trike. It cost me all of $ 99.00. You can always add the heated grips if you want them.

For what you get for the added $ 1000.00 for a Deluxe model, it is worth the money. You just need to decide if you want those items, or...is you want to AVOID some of those items.

I have the deluxe so of course I would tell you go for it If you ride with a passenger maybe you want the factory backrest.Tell the salesman you are interested in the deluxe then when its time to make a deal have him remove the $1000 off the price
    Ride it like you stole it

DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    Yes. But only you know if you want the stuff you get for $1k. I can't imagine a big bike without center stand, and even in AZ, I will use the heated grips in winter. My wife loves the backrest...
    +1 Only exception to the above is................My girlfriend loves the backrest!

I bought the Deluxe because I wanted all the options. Everyone is different, so think what you want then go for the model that meets your needs. Best of luck on what you decide and post up a pic of your new ride after you make your purchase.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    As Miles said, C-stand (with all required hardware) available from HOR for $99. (Others will sell you just the stand, double check before you buy!)

Auto-cancel signals may be nice, but Miles isn't the only one who mentioned they 'cancel' rather quickly,,,

Heated grips,,, I live in Houston, might get used a couple times a year, maybe,,

I ride solo, so Passenger B-rest wasn't really needed.

Deluxe wasn't worth the additional $ to me. Might be to someone else.