Next Year's Rally? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Year's Rally?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DI2D View Post
    Bike fests by state or region would be a great idea leading up to a national rally in the middle that doesn't require anyone to go cross-country. Coastal regionals would be good. It would be a lot more wallet-friendly for those of us not related to a Microsoft founder.
    I would be more likely to attend something like this than a 'once a year' event held 1,000 miles away, but I'm also beginning to understand the challenges faced with getting it to 'all come together', especially with the somewhat limited number of F6B riders out there.

Kudo's to those who arranged (and attended!) this years Rally!

Cool

Scottrod...you are exactly right.... it does take a lot of planning, by all concerned, vacation time, distance to travel, hotels, food, gas, routes, wear and tear on both rider and bike,in some cases permission from spouses, money and desire... and that is just to get there. Then you have entertainment, lodging, restaurants, routes, tents, food and prizes...and the list goes on for each person as well, then desire and money. Then to take into account each rider, their ability, and their desires once at the rally. Very difficult to cover all the bases and make sure everyone feels like they were welcome and had a good time....and all of this for four days!

The bottom line is the more participation from all evolved the easier it is to do.

The truth is the planning for next year has already began. How to improve, routes, skill levels, restaurants and so on... it is never ending! But I must say well worth the effort!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Personally, I recognize all the effort that Phantom and Steve put into the making and execution of this years rally, and again...I want to THANK them both, as well as everyone else involved, in the organization, planning, and follow through of this event. Well, maybe no thanks to Little Dawg, as all she did was sit there, on the back of Big Dawgs bike, looking pretty, in those painted on tight jeans.

He lives! Welcome back to the forum! With your latest experience of absorbing unknown quantities of electricity (lots of joules), and considering your various doctorates, I think we need to add another one...Dr. Frankenstein We all wondered if your brain function would be compromised but, considering your comment on Little Dawg, it sounds like you're back to completely normal. Seriously, Miles, it's good to have you back with us! Take care, God bless!

Yeah Miles, welcome back from Electric Ave.

Count me in for a 2014 event, I'm retiring in December.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Next Years Rally

Would like to put in a bid on next years rally, In Snyder Texas last weekend in August we have a rally The White Buffalo Bikefest, Not trying to drum up attendance but its centrally located and w/ the rally going on you have entertainment, rides concerts venders there are motels just outside the fence and RV spaces at rally sight and tons of free tent camping on sight. And hey I had the only F6 there this year and would love to see a ton there next year, Glad all involved in accidents were and are getting better
    Ride to your skills
    MOODY

I read the posting about the rider, Dwight, who crashed at the rally. We all know that we should ride within our limits but sometimes things get a little macho when we are at a rally and ride in unfamiliar groups. No matter where the rally is going to be rides should be organized at different riding levels. For those of us who feel we have the skills to do aggressive riding then do it alone or with someone who you have been riding with for a time. Peer pressure is a bitch that will hurt you.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Regional...then National

On ther subject of next years rallies...having given this some thought...I am in favor of Regional rallies during the year, and one National rally.

There are many other organizations, like the GWTA, the GWRRA, HOG, BMWMOA, etc, that hold Regional rallies all over the country, and then hold one National rally.

We could have a West.....East...North...and South Regional rallies. Or...Northwest....Southwest....Northeast...Southea st...

You get the picture.

Then the one National rally could be held in say, somewhere in the midwest, examples...Branson, Missouri, or anywhere in Colorado, or LeClaire, Iowa at the Antique Archeology strore (American Pickers).

Just an idea...as it is easier for most riders to make a Regional rally if it is within 1000 miles of their home, than to make only one rally that is 3000 miles from their home.

1+ on the regional rally.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Not to steal the thread. Glad to see you back Miles any damage to the neck operation and how much damage was done to your "B"?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!