EZ-Pass transponder

Thread: EZ-Pass transponder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

EZ-Pass transponder

Scenario...got a new EZ-Pass last week. Went to my first toll booth yesterday. It didn't work. The attendant came out, took it off me which was a pain in butt with gloves and all, went back inside the booth. I assume she scanned it, gate opened, handed it back to me, and said get moving. There was no time for a chat, so here I am.

Now the details....I have a Hi-Viz vest with a clear plastic pocket which I thought was perfect for it. It's supposed to be horizontal in the car, but in the pocket it has to be vertical. The flap on the pocket covers about 1/4 of the unit. Was it the plastic, the flap, being vertical, a first time thing, or just my bad luck? Any ideas out there? I don't know what to expect next time. I do have a zipper pocket on the other side that I can use I suppose. Just pull it out at the gate, but I'm not looking to do that.

I looked at holders online, and it seems that they secure in the vertical position. Any advice on that will work too.

Thanks,

Wayne
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I put mine on the center of the windshield down close touching the dash. Works fine, doesn't obstruct view, and doesn't look bad.

I have seen a post elsewhere that showed the transponder being positioned underneath the windshield garnish (out of sight). So does the transponder really need a clear line of sight in order to work?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

SierraKen
    I keep mine in the center cubby hole but make sure it is on top of anything else. Works fine for me.

I call Sun Pass and tell them I have added another vehicle and THEY put the info in their system and I carry nothing !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

On my tinted KW windshield I had it stuck to the lower left, I have friends that carry them in their tour trunks and not a problem. I tried in the center cubby but did not scan. Still working on the placement in a secure part of the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    On my tinted KW windshield I had it stuck to the lower left, I have friends that carry them in their tour trunks and not a problem. I tried in the center cubby but did not scan. Still working on the placement in a secure part of the bike.
    Try under your windshield garnish.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I call Sun Pass and tell them I have added another vehicle and THEY put the info in their system and I carry nothing !!!
    I did the same thing. Added my tag number to their system, it takes a pictures of my plate when I go through the toll booth and it gets charged to my Sunpass account. Simple.

Guess Sunpass is more advanced than EZ-Pass. They have both of my vehicles registered with tag numbers. That doesn't seem to be the way it works up here.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.