EZ-Pass transponder - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EZ-Pass transponder

I wonder still why it wasn't picked up when it was right in a left side vest pocket. Dan said it needs to point upwards. One of those hmmmmm moments.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Found it! Here is where one Winger mounted his:
    It's out of sight, protected and secure

See my previous post re: mounting under Fairing. It will work but.... if it is an older unit you will want it accessible.

I rode to Washington DC over the weekend and although "most" tolls are fly by, there are still a good amount with a gate. You will not be permitted to pass if you are in an EZ-PASS ONLY lane and it does not read. One of the guys I was traveling with had to wait for the TOLL personnel to come out and assist. That is just such a high stress time when you have a line of cars behind you and your stuck at a gate. And his was mounted correctly, there was just a glitch in the system and they needed to scan his transponder.

EZ-PASS is a great system but it does still have a few (very few) issues. 99% of the time all is well.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I have a Sunpass transponder that I never carry on the bike or car. It works on the Florida state tolls and the E-Pass roads around Orlando area both. I have 2 motorcycles and 2 cars registered on the one transponder. I take vehicles on or off as I wish online with my account anytime, tho it may take overnight for it to register. If a guest comes into town I just apply their vehicle to it also while they visit and remove it from my online account when they leave. It takes a camera shot of the lic plate and applies it to my account. I am not even sure where the actual transponder is anymore.
    I saw one guy who had a spring hinge on his Lic plate and when he went thru the toll cameras he pulled the little wire he had attached to flatten the plate upward so it would not show on the camera.

My (Motorcycle E-Z Pass) has arrows on it pointing up.

Ed...
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxed View Post
    My (Motorcycle E-Z Pass) has arrows on it pointing up.

Ed...
    Mine does too Ed. That's when I mentioned that it was in my pocket vertically. I think the safest bet for me is to attach it to the windshield and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Found it! Here is where one Winger mounted his:

... pics of pretty black wing ...

It's out of sight, protected and secure

Me, too. Tis a motorcycle EZ Tag from HCTRA here in the Houston area. Not visible, and readable by parking garages and the tollway booths and drive-thrus.

Bill

I have an I-pass/ EZ pass. Have it attached to the back of my left glove, with Velcro. Rarely use the interstate, so, I just remove when not needed, or apply as needed. Never had an issue with the tolls, and is readily accessable if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I have an I-pass/ EZ pass. Have it attached to the back of my left glove, with Velcro. Rarely use the interstate, so, I just remove when not needed, or apply as needed. Never had an issue with the tolls, and is readily accessible if needed.
    That, sir, is brilliant!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Well, the Velcro type securing strips came in the mail. I'm going to go with securing the thing at the lower portion of my windshield. The only issue I see now is the dark tint....time will tell. The test will be the next trip to PA....if it ever doesn't rain on our scheduled Sunday.....BOB PENN !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Well, the Velcro type securing strips came in the mail. I'm going to go with securing the thing at the lower portion of my windshield. The only issue I see now is the dark tint....time will tell. The test will be the next trip to PA....if it ever doesn't rain on our scheduled Sunday.....BOB PENN !!!!!!!
    Wayne, the "Velcro" is actually 3M Dual-lock and you can pick it up at Radio Shack, any hardware store or I even get it at my local Stop & Shop.
    As for the tint, I had it mounted inside the Fairing on my Valkyrie Interstate and it worked everywhere. Until as I said earlier, as the transponder aged and the internal battery wore down.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.