Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 22

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Two Brothers Racing -black w/ carbon fiber tips

Just installed the 2BR slip on's on a 2013 F6.
    I had a 2Bro's titanium exhaust on my 2004 ST1300 and I loved the sound but it did have a slight drone.
    So, the drone everyone talks about on the F6, wow. I never knew what drone was until I road this set up. Is not all time, bottom and top end sound great, lower mid-range is almost intolerable.
    I am going to try an insert/sound reducer(2BR-P1x) and see if a little back pressure makes any difference, if not I will try torque loops.
    It is definitely personal preference, but this is my hot rod so the performance and exhaust note are important.

Quote Originally Posted by stmbtcbx View Post
    Just installed the 2BR slip on's on a 2013 F6.
    I had a 2Bro's titanium exhaust on my 2004 ST1300 and I loved the sound but it did have a slight drone.
    So, the drone everyone talks about on the F6, wow. I never knew what drone was until I road this set up. Is not all time, bottom and top end sound great, lower mid-range is almost intolerable.
    I am going to try an insert/sound reducer(2BR-P1x) and see if a little back pressure makes any difference, if not I will try torque loops.
    It is definitely personal preference, but this is my hot rod so the performance and exhaust note are important.
    Are you sure TBR Power Tips are available for your new slip on's? When I first installed my TBR's, I checked with them and was told no tips were available. Maybe that has changed since I bought mine After that, I went ahead and added the Loopz which took care of the drone. To me, the exhaust tone is simply intoxicating.
    Ken (Hornblower)

To each his own...

I finally got around to installing my TBR (Chrome with Carbon Fiber Tips), and I LOVE THEM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    Did you put the sealer on the edge of the fittings after the clamps were tight? Or did you put the sealer on the gasket before it was inserted into the pipe? Also, do you think there is any reason to put sealer around the angled pipe that fits into the TBR pipe?
    Tbone, I'm glad you like the setup. I have the same setup as you and Hornblower. Mine didn't go quite as smoothly as your's sounded it did. I know HB responded to your question but I'll give my input as well. I put muffler sealant all over the gasket and then again all over the edge of the fitting after the clamps were tight. I also HAD to use muffler sealant around both ends of the angled slip tube. I had condensation leaking at the 6 o'clock position of the muffler itself as well, a heavy leak, so sealed it up inside there too. I used a flexible Bic grill lighter to check for exhaust leaks (which I had many) at all the joints and through trial and error, eventually got everything leak-free. My project did not end there though. After everything was leak-free, found that the position of the tabs on the torq loops was off by just enough to make the body pieces (mainly the lower manifold cover) not able to go back on. SO, I'm back to either taking everything off, or trying to slide it back just enough for the pieces to fit. In hindsight I should've test fitted the plastic but that hindsight doesn't take the sting out of having to break all my leak seals to readjust. I haven't had it any further than just down the road and back but I'm already in love with the sound, the only thing keeping me going. I wish I would've gotten a hold of extra gaskets like you did when I did my initial install. They're now weeks out from being available, but I got it leak-free with just one per side already, should be able to do it again. A few pics of my sloppy sealant job....Attachment 20612Attachment 20615Attachment 20616Attachment 20618Attachment 20617

RUSH SLIP ON!

Just put Rush 4 inch slip-ons (2.25 baffle) with the black (4026B) end cap. Look and sound great. Have 500 miles with no drone. I bought the exhaust from Value Accessories and they are great to deal with.

I'm running the Cobra 6 into 6. Love them,

New Pipes.jpg
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Just installed Two Brothers. May 2016.

Took about 90 minutes. The hardest part was getting the slip tubes fully seated into the mufflers. I used the supplied anti-seize stuff on the the slip tubes as well as the existing headers. After that piece of cake. I love the sound. No droning. 2015 F6B. BTW, purchased on Amazon for $615 from Powersport Superstore. Arrived in a few days with free shipping. Crazy.

Cobra 6's with Torq Loopz. Gaskets installed with red permatex inside and out. No leakage. yet.
    Heat shield reinstallation an exercise in patience.

Call me the oddball wiseacre 44-year-old of the group-but perfectly good with the stock exhaust. To each their own. . My F6B's a couch with two wheels. If I want noise I get a Ducati or Harley. Question for those that know the model through the years-does the stock exhaust remain the same from 2013 to the present?