When the calculations are off - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When the calculations are off

shooter
    I gotta say , the guy had balls. It takes balls to attempt that skinny ramp going up that high with a bike that big. I used to do it with a 300 lb dirt bike all the time. Not with a big boy like that. Like was said above , he was lucky it didn't work. 30 mph and stopping in a slick truck bed don't add up. Something tells me he would have hit the hood on his way to the ground.

Here, hold my beer.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I gotta say , the guy had balls. It takes balls to attempt that skinny ramp going up that high with a bike that big. I used to do it with a 300 lb dirt bike all the time. Not with a big boy like that. Like was said above , he was lucky it didn't work. 30 mph and stopping in a slick truck bed don't add up. Something tells me he would have hit the hood on his way to the ground.
    According to him what helped him slow down was as the ramp gave way the rear wheel slammed into the edge of the tailgate just making it over, which tells me it not only gave way but fell off. I didn't want ask too many humiliating questions, I'll give it a couple days. I told him next time he has an idea like this PLEASE notify me as I would gladly take the ride to PA. to film this for the enjoyment of generations to come.

When the guy at Pocono Mountain Harley saw the bike, the ramp and the pickup he said to my buddy "I'm trying to decide whether you're the dumbest or most bad ass mother f@#ker on the planet."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_K2k9VaklI

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    My father used to say "If you had a half a brain you'd walk with a limp". It took me forever to figure that out then you realize it's an insult, in a nice way, so I'll give that to my buddy as constructive criticism.
    My father used to say: "There are more horses asses than horses"

Hey...I won't jump on the "your friend is an idiot" bandwagon...but for the grace of God... in fact...I've been in the idiot neighborhood ...glasss houses and stones...

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    My father used to say: "There are more horses asses than horses"

Hey...I won't jump on the "your friend is an idiot" bandwagon...but for the grace of God... in fact...I've been in the idiot neighborhood ...glasss houses and stones...
    100%, I've done a lot of stupid things, not as dumb as this, however, it's nice to know that the "dumb ass" award has been handed to him till I out perform him.

Without an Arched ramp, most all Motorcycles will bottom out on the peak and the rear tire will "spit" the ramp out if it is not secured to the truck.
    Being in the Outdoor Power Equipment business I see the same thing happen to Lawn Tractors all the time.

FLAT RAMPS are dangerous if not secured !!!!!

For your entertainment just put... "Motorcycle load fail" into youtube and sit back and laugh.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

And today's Darwin Award goes to.....

Once rode my fj1100 up a 2 by 12 wooden ramp into the back of my 4 wheel drive super duty ramp was so long that I had blocks supporting the middle so it didn't sag. Slowed down at the top so I would not crash into truck and tried to put my foot down. One problem I was still on the ramp. Foot just found air goosed the throttle spun the tire and made it. I'll never try that again. Scared the crap out of me.