What my co- worker said to me today
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What my co- worker said to me today

What my co- worker said to me today

I was getting ready to leave work today. So I'm getting on my jacket waiting for my bike to ideling down. When he said I can't even hear that giant scooter running. Mind you this guy rides a Harley Road King he is 42 and it is his first bike. I replied politely by saying, you will hear the woosh of wind when I'm blowing right past you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I was getting ready to leave work today. So I'm getting on my jacket waiting for my bike to ideling down. When he said I can't even hear that giant scooter running. Mind you this guy rides a Harley Road King he is 42 and it is his first bike. I replied politely by saying, you will hear the woosh of wind when I'm blowing right past you.
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson

shooter
    That boy needs a Honda Spankin in the worst way. Offer to give it to him Greg.

"woosh of wind " thats a new one...true though !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

GaTeach
    I had to deal with an old HD fart the other day at Cycle World when SG was getting her oil changed. First he had to tell me all the reasons why a woman shouldn't be traveling alone and then he had to tell me all the reasons why he hated my bike. I just walked away.

Tell him to meet you in the parking lot at 6 am Saturday morning to go for a little ride. Plan a 500 mile ride for lunch and watch him cry like a little girl at around the 150 mile mark. Then ask him why he can't hang with you and your quiet motorcycle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Tell him to meet you in the parking lot at 6 am Saturday morning to go for a little ride. Plan a 500 mile ride for lunch and watch him cry like a little girl at around the 150 mile mark. Then ask him why he can't hang with you and your quiet motorcycle.
    Exactly....I told a Harley friend I did 747 miles last Sunday and I thought his jaw was going to hit the ground. He said no way in hell could he do that. There are some good guys with Harley's, then you get what Teach ran into...the ones that equate loud with speed. She did the right thing.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Those weekend diner pirates get pissy when you ride a bike that they know is faster than theirs, and didn't have to spend another $2000 + to squeak out 3hp. More importantly, they are intimidated by strong women and you're probably a better shot, it's like kryptonite.

you should have asked him how fast his bike is when it's on the trailer...

I pulled into a local coffee shop that happened to be full of HD's got off my bike walked by the crew and one guy said "oh there you are I didn't hear you drive in on your grandpa bike" I got my coffee walked out tapped him on the shoulder as I walked by,,,he was in full story mode with full attention of all his cool buddies and I said " You want to come and try to keep up with the grandpa bike?" He didn't follow end of story.... My old self wanted to kick him in the nuts and drag him to his bike and make him ride but hey we are older and wiser..that's why we ride the B.