What my co- worker said to me today - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What my co- worker said to me today

Had one of those HD riders at an event actually compliment our F6Bs. He was looking them over as he got off his Harley parked next to us & said "that is some bike, what do you have in it?" I told him $29,500. He said "Jeez, I've only got $27K in my new Harley" I then informed him that the $29.5k was for both of them, brand new.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

There are people that ride motorcycles....and then there are "bikers". It's not hard to tell the difference.
    Most of those weekend warriors are people that just ride motorcycles and want to "look/sound bad".
    In contrast, you'll find most of the Iron Butt boys are "bikers" as are some of the true 1% outlaws.
    Here's what I like to tell the Saturday morning HD lawyer/doctor bunch when they give me crap about my bike:
    "Without a doubt, the Harley Davidson motorcycle has no equal as it is the most efficient machine on the face of the planet for converting liquid gasoline into pure noise, and does it extremely well with the least amount of horsepower." That usually shuts em up.
    When I had the FJR, I'd actually go "Harley huntin'" on Saturdays. I'd try to find a pack of em tooling down the road and just ease on up and get right in among em, wave at em, smile at em and slowly ease on by. Most of the time, they'd never acknowledged me. I guess they didn't think it was funny, but I was having a hoot taking sadistic pleasure in it. Once I cleared the "leader of the pack", I'd drop down a gear or two, and roll it on. I'd be in the next parish (county) before they'd ever think about getting up to speed.
    I've had several HDs over the years. I always liked my Road King for a long haul highway bike, but once I got on a GW, I never looked back.
    And now, this F6 is fast becoming the best motorcycle I've ever owned. Fits me like a glove. I love it.

I'm 5 days without cigarettes so I'll try to keep it clean.

While it's dramatic to hear about someone's dad who shot down Zeroes in WW2 and now I'm riding through the military cemetery on a Jap bike it's not out of disrespect.
    Additionally, how am I putting an American worker out of a job if I wouldn't have bought a HD if there were no other choices? I'd just as soon drive a car or ride a bicycle.
    I'm happy to be on my Honda because most of the "wannabe" bikers won't even look at me. The only people who talk to me about biking are usually quite cool, HD and import.
    (full disclosure, I'm a waver and have noticed that the HD crowd, which is huge around here, is more inclined to wave at an F6B than an ST1300. just an observation)

Greg, your restrained response to the big boy on his first bike is inspirational. I'm sure the soles of his boots are wore out from walking it around slow speed turns or dragging them when traffic is moving slow. He'll be the d-bag who gets in an accident and talks like the old, wizened biker telling people to be careful.
    Reminds me of this video (excuse the laughter, don't know where they got an entire audience of psychopaths. Sad, not funny)

When I had my Rocket III, I used to (almost every weekend) make a trip to the local Harley Dealer and park it right out front; and then pretend to not notice as the pirates would saunter over to it and speechlessly stare at it

Been doing the same thing with my F6B lately... don't get quite the crowd but it definitely gets noticed.

Lot's of good "come backs" in this thread. I must mentally file them for future use.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I purchased my ride at Scooters on Steroids located on Main Street. It takes 1800 steroids to keep up with it.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    Had one of those HD riders at an event actually compliment our F6Bs. He was looking them over as he got off his Harley parked next to us & said "that is some bike, what do you have in it?" I told him $29,500. He said "Jeez, I've only got $27K in my new Harley" I then informed him that the $29.5k was for both of them, brand new.
    PERFECT !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Don't get me wrong, I rode Harleys for nearly 20 years before I bought the F6B. I was a pirate for several years, but I was never a Harley snob, I would ride with anyone who wanted to ride. The Honda Goldwing is by far the most superior street /touring bike I have ever owned. Unless some other bike company comes out with something better than a Goldwing I'm a Goldwing owner for life.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Wife and I were out of state once when we parked near a Harley at a restaurant. We went in and sat down and we're minding our business when the Harley's owner made the usual rice pile comment that he said was under my bike. I just looked at him and said, "I have nothing against your Harley.....It's a cute little "starter" bike! He didn't say another word!
    This reply is fantastic! Great starter bike. Lol. Maybe that's a reason HD hasn't done more with Horsepower. Their loyal customers might not be able to handle quickness and speed. As long as the HD riders are willing to sign up for a second mortgage to get the Screaming Eagle high performance kits, they will keep fooling their customers.

I'm sure willtill will remember on the Rocket III forums someone there renamed Harley Davidsons as "Shirley Davidsons" in honor of their small stature as compared to our "fullsize" Rocket III's. Same ratio applies with our F6Bs.
    Also said they make nice little girlfriend or wife bikes.

The Shirley Davidson name has stuck in my head.
    11206113_10205643438543761_2990808975745807864_n.jpg

Attachment 21253
    My R3 in front of Mel Fishers in Key West.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    I'm sure willtill will remember on the Rocket III forums someone there renamed Harley Davidsons as "Shirley Davidsons" in honor of their small stature as compared to our "fullsize" Rocket III's. Same ratio applies with our F6Bs.
    Also said they make nice little girlfriend or wife bikes.

The Shirley Davidson name has stuck in my head.
    Attachment 21252

Attachment 21253
    My R3 in front of Mel Fishers in Key West.
    For sure...

Miss my Rocket III. What a beast that bike was...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537