What my co- worker said to me today - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What my co- worker said to me today

I loved my Heritage, but didn't want the upkeep of 2 bikes. I wanted fast, quiet, and long distance. Also, I got tired of the HD religion. . with all the clothes and paraphernalia, it's turned into true idolatry. Glad to be on the B.

"..I wanted fast, quiet, and long distance. Also, I got tired of the HD religion...." per tpsterns

+1 Amen. I liked the Harleys I had, especially the Road King, but I wanted "fast, quiet and long distance" as well. I saw "the light" on the first trip on a GW.
    I think the actual breaking point for me regarding the HD religion was during our 2007 tour out west. 2 Gold Wings pulling trailers and my friend's wife lost her gloves. We pulled into Hays, KS for fuel and noticed a Harley dealership just off the interstate not far from where we were fueling. We decided to go there so she could buy a new pair of gloves. We parked our rigs away from the front and out of the way.
    We weren't in there maybe 30 minutes. When we came out, someone had spit all over our windshields and seats, put chewing gum in our helmets and on our seats. It pretty much summed up the HD religion for me...never again.

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    "..I wanted fast, quiet, and long distance. Also, I got tired of the HD religion...." per tpsterns

+1 Amen. I liked the Harleys I had, especially the Road King, but I wanted "fast, quiet and long distance" as well. I saw "the light" on the first trip on a GW.
    I think the actual breaking point for me regarding the HD religion was during our 2007 tour out west. 2 Gold Wings pulling trailers and my friend's wife lost her gloves. We pulled into Hays, KS for fuel and noticed a Harley dealership just off the interstate not far from where we were fueling. We decided to go there so she could buy a new pair of gloves. We parked our rigs away from the front and out of the way.
    We weren't in there maybe 30 minutes. When we came out, someone had spit all over our windshields and seats, put chewing gum in our helmets and on our seats. It pretty much summed up the HD religion for me...never again.
    This is why I always take my helmet with me if I am unsure of the area I am in. Someone once dumped a soda in my helmet (long ago).

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537