Thinking about buying a 2014 f6b. Have the paint problems been fixed?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about buying a 2014 f6b. Have the paint problems been fixed?

Thinking about buying a 2014 f6b. Have the paint problems been fixed?

I am seriously thinking about buying a yellow 2014 F6B and wanted to know if the problems with the paint on the 2013's was remedied on the 2014 model? Would appreciate any input on this year and 2015.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikefromohio View Post
    I am seriously thinking about buying a yellow 2014 F6B and wanted to know if the problems with the paint on the 2013's was remedied on the 2014 model? Would appreciate any input on this year and 2015.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    I have not heard of the Yellow bikes having any real issues. The Black 2013-2014 is another long story of excuses and doubletalk. Good luck finding a happy customer with the Black finish, tho some may exist.

black 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    I have not heard of the Yellow bikes having any real issues. The Black 2013-2014 is another long story of excuses and doubletalk. Good luck finding a happy customer with the Black finish, tho some may exist.
    i have never had a problem with the black paint - must be sporadic.

I would not let any paint issues, realistic or otherwise, influence my choice of the bike your looking at...Great ride for the price and one of, if not the best bikes, for the money on the market in this segment....Ride safe and enjoy...

No problem with 2015 blue!

Very durable finish on my 2015 blue.

I have no issue w the paint on mine. The yellow is bright enough that it hides well any minor imperfections. Having said that, it's pretty easy to spot the bug guts and any road tar that kicks up onto it.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I have a 2016 in matte white, so it may have a differing version of the same problem. But it does have softer paint than really should be on the bike.

Don't let paint scare you off. There are some old posts referencing the use of Liquid Glass. You can pick it up at your local auto parts store. Three coats and after that whenever you want more shine. It puts a HARD clear coat over the paint.
    Lots of bike manufacturers using the softer liquid paints. LG is the cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Don't let paint scare you off. There are some old posts referencing the use of Liquid Glass. You can pick it up at your local auto parts store. Three coats and after that whenever you want more shine. It puts a HARD clear coat over the paint.
    Lots of bike manufacturers using the softer liquid paints. LG is the cure.
    Is the Liquid Glass ok for the matte finish? Live up here in the "Great White North" so not sure where to get it

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    Is the Liquid Glass ok for the matte finish? Live up here in the "Great White North" so not sure where to get it
    No.

Do not apply it to a matte finish. It will change the texture and the hue of the matte.

Use any matter cleaner, such as Ducky Matte Finish Detailer-Sealant https://www.duckyproducts.com/mattefinish.html

The pirates use Windex on their matte finished Harleys as well.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537