Owning your Dream Bike. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Owning your Dream Bike.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    I can afford any bike I want to ride, but I wouldn't give up my F6B. I would just buy more bikes. Which I don't because I don't have time to ride them and I've grown to hate seeing unused motorcycles sitting in my garage. I'm going down to just the F6B. If and when I move to the mountains, I might get a smaller bike for day rides.
    I to can afford any stock bike on the market today, now custom bikes are a different story. I chose the F6B for its reliability and smoothness of ride. If I had unlimited funds I would have multiple bikes from different manufactures and some custom baggers.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    I can afford any bike I want to ride, but I wouldn't give up my F6B. I would just buy more bikes. Which I don't because I don't have time to ride them and I've grown to hate seeing unused motorcycles sitting in my garage. I'm going down to just the F6B. If and when I move to the mountains, I might get a smaller bike for day rides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I too can afford any stock bike on the market today, now custom bikes are a different story. I chose the F6B for its reliability and smoothness of ride. If I had unlimited funds I would have multiple bikes from different manufactures and some custom baggers.
    I, also, may afford anything on two wheels.
    Unfortunately, my wife has grown accustomed to this thing called a house and that other thing known as food.
    So, I may NOT afford any bike....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    If I won the lottery, I wouldn't buy one dream bike. I'd buy a dream stable of bikes, to have one for every mood. The F6B would stay, of course. Joined by a Yamaha Super Tenure for when I want to leave the pavement for traveled mountain roads. The new and bigger Triumph Bonneville for when I'm feeling retro. An Indian Chieftain for when I want a big American rumble. And something high tech and sexy, perhaps a Ducats Multistrada.
    Sweet Georgia has no problem leaving the pavement. My buddy in Monument told me he had a scenic route but it involved three miles of dirt road over a mountain. I looked at his Road King and thought "If that can make it, SG and I can make it" HMMOG! Straight up. Narrow. Horrible ruts. Loose gravel and a cliff on the right side that dropped off into a rushing river. Left side was the most beautiful scenery. Boulders. Just gorgeous. I was scared to death. Georgia plowed through with no problem. But my elbows wouldn't flap. That was the first time they wouldn't do what I told them. Two more times before I left Colorado. Pikes Peak and Million Dollar Highway. Goodness.

I love the F6B (ride it and you will believe) but I would like something to flip around on with my changing mood now and again.

I like the sound of the herd with a different bike to meet my moods.
    I would not use them all to their full potential but I would like to try.

Naked Super Sport Standard: (Comfortable sports bike)
    FZ-10 or the Ducati Diavel

Alternative Sport Tourer: (Short trips under 6 hours with lots of curves)
    BMW K1600 or Yamaha FJR1300

On/ Off road Adventure: (Off road camping trips)
    BMW R1200GS adventure bike of Yamaha Super Tenre

I saw a bike you could ride right into the water (for trips to the lake / like a jet ski)

I am dreaming right!!!

But as always on my 50 mile each way commute to work or any long trip over 6 hours I want my highway star the F6B!!!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Guys let's just say that you hit the lottery and you had the means to buy your dream bike. I mean we already own our dream bike , the F6B , but I mean your all time Fantasy Bike. What would it be? For me it would be a Rune. Black with every piece of chrome I could buy for it. What about you guys?
    I agree with you, and got the black Rune, all chrome. Now that I own that, would love to get a Indian Chieftain. Why? Why not?

1973 Kawasaki KZ 900 restomod style with new tech - modern brakes, suspension, wheels. Stock motor, Kerker 4 into 1, oil cooler, dark brown custom paint. Would be an awesome addition to the stable.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post
    I agree with you, and got the black Rune, all chrome. Now that I own that, would love to get a Indian Chieftain. Why? Why not?
    Why not as you said. But let me warn you , everything after that Rune is downhill.

My F6B is my dream bike, but if I won the lottery, I could afford the trip down to Sanford and pick up the one last accessory on my list ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112010861310...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT