Florida Storms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida Storms

Florida Storms

Hoping all you Riders down in Florida, stayed safe and hopefully dry during the recent wild weather. Pics of your flooding are on the news up north here. Was Texas, now Florida. Bad water in both States. Watch those roads when the water recedes. Gonna be lots of crap on the pavement. Ride safe!

The problem as I see it is the boy who cried wolf. Every time a storm is coming they cry wolf. Now no one or at least very few do anything to prepare as there is usually nothing to prepare for! Here in FLA we have thunder storms all the time with high winds and lighting. Seeing how we live on a sand pit the water is gone within minutes or hours of a downpour. IMO just another way to sell air time!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    The problem as I see it is the boy who cried wolf. Every time a storm is coming they cry wolf. Now no one or at least very few do anything to prepare as there is usually nothing to prepare for! Here in FLA we have thunder storms all the time with high winds and lighting. Seeing how we live on a sand pit the water is gone within minutes or hours of a downpour. IMO just another way to sell air time!
    In the North, during winter, the stores sell a lot of "snow bread" and "snow milk" The Weather Men and Women turn into drama kings and queens whenever as much as a flurry falls. Just the nature of the News Business. Rumor and drama sells like "hot cakes"

The news ... educate and inform the general public with the facts? Nope. Fear monger and terrify. Sad but true. Respect for the journalism "business" declines as a result. Well deserved IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    In the North, during winter, the stores sell a lot of "snow bread" and "snow milk" The Weather Men and Women turn into drama kings and queens whenever as much as a flurry falls. Just the nature of the News Business. Rumor and drama sells like "hot cakes"
    I recall I ate a lot of "French toast" after shoveling the 2" of snow.........
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

That "pussification" of America thing, goes right along w/the dumbing down, political correctness and a multitude of "secret" government programs we are on, not so good for us but...

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Hoping all you Riders down in Florida, stayed safe and hopefully dry during the recent wild weather. Pics of your flooding are on the news up north here.
    Once again the media blew it way out of proportion. Here, just north of the Tampa Bay area, it rained for the better part of a day and that was about it . . and most of that was drizzle. Those reporters find one intersection in town with a few inches of standing water, go stand in it with waders on and make it look like the storm of the century. Go figure . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 2015F6B View Post
    Once again the media blew it way out of proportion. Here, just north of the Tampa Bay area, it rained for the better part of a day and that was about it . . and most of that was drizzle. Those reporters find one intersection in town with a few inches of standing water, go stand in it with waders on and make it look like the storm of the century. Go figure . . .
    Ya, that probably was the picture they showed up north, here. Glad to hear all is OK down south. The media does suck!

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Dang Bob , that is so true. We never believe the forecast. Just get up in the morning and look outside. Man when they're calling for 3 to 5 people are buyin milk and bread even though they are on a low carb diet. I bet there is a lot of milk and bread thrown away.3 weeks after a snow.

Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that, " everything is a lie " it has been proven to me too many times !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com