TomTom Rider 400 cool features

Thread: TomTom Rider 400 cool features

TomTom Rider 400 cool features

I have had my GPS for long enough now that I can add a couple of very cool features that it has

1, You can log into Tom Tom my drive from any PC/phone/ ipad and create routes or way points and transfer them to your GPS. A great feature that I use mostly from my iPad. It's so easier to look at the map on the ipad and create or modify the route. Then when I get back to my bike my phone connects via Bluetooth and updates my GPS.
    2. 6 months this was not possible but the updates have been spot on and the improvements are really great. Also if my GPS requires an update I will get a email notification. So I don't have to worry about when to update.

I have to other GPS for my 2 cars, a Garmin and a Magellan and I can say the Tom Tom search feature and looking up addresses is by far the quickest and easier to use.

There are many features but these are my favorites and I thought I would share in case anyone is thinking on buying a GPS.

And no I never get lost but I often get geographically embarrassed.

ride safe
    Lloyd

Thanks for posting this

I am on the fence about which one to buy, my buddy does not love his TT but the Zumos are so expensive.

How about Tyre?

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    I have had my GPS for long enough now that I can add a couple of very cool features that it has

1, You can log into Tom Tom my drive from any PC/phone/ ipad and create routes or way points and transfer them to your GPS. A great feature that I use mostly from my iPad. It's so easier to look at the map on the ipad and create or modify the route. Then when I get back to my bike my phone connects via Bluetooth and updates my GPS.
    2. 6 months this was not possible but the updates have been spot on and the improvements are really great. Also if my GPS requires an update I will get a email notification. So I don't have to worry about when to update.

I have to other GPS for my 2 cars, a Garmin and a Magellan and I can say the Tom Tom search feature and looking up addresses is by far the quickest and easier to use.

There are many features but these are my favorites and I thought I would share in case anyone is thinking on buying a GPS.

And no I never get lost but I often get geographically embarrassed.

ride safe
    Lloyd
    Hey thanks for the info. I was just looking at the TomTom rider 400, i have the Rider v5, 2013. It worked great with my Uclear Hbc 200. I upgraded to a Sena 20s helmet bluetooth. The Sena doesn't play nice with the old TomTom. The volume is stuck on high and I can't turn it down. So i am thinking sell the tomtom v5 and get the new Rider 400 like yours. Ive learned a nav program for my windows computer called Tyre, it lets you plot waypoints and tons of other stuff, it came with the Riderv5. Does the new rider 400 support Tyre? Do you know? I use my ipad alot so if My Drive will support multiple way points that would work for me. Please let us know. Thanks

Garmin is the one!

My relation run cars for an auto dealer and they drop and pickup cars all over so there is at least 10 drivers operating out of this dealership and the one's with the garmins are always on the money and the guys with the Tom Tom's seem to get lost a lot more than they should. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post

Hey thanks for the info. I was just looking at the TomTom rider 400, i have the Rider v5, 2013. It worked great with my Uclear Hbc 200. I upgraded to a Sena 20s helmet bluetooth. The Sena doesn't play nice with the old TomTom. The volume is stuck on high and I can't turn it down. So i am thinking sell the tomtom v5 and get the new Rider 400 like yours. Ive learned a nav program for my windows computer called Tyre, it lets you plot waypoints and tons of other stuff, it came with the Riderv5. Does the new rider 400 support Tyre? Do you know? I use my ipad alot so if My Drive will support multiple way points that would work for me. Please let us know. Thanks
    Yes Tyre comes free with the TomTom but I stopped using it since the new rider updates gives you the same abilities in the tomtom my drive map and actually sticks to the route because essentially it's the same map. Way points are also a breeze. Also I can log onto my drive map from any ones pc and save it. so much easier.
    I also have the sena 20s and love it supports multiple devices at once and remembers the volume setting for each one. i can't believe how well the phone works, it's loud and clear. I tell people who call me that I'm on my bike booting down the highway and they don't always believe me.

Good news

The reason I use tyre was the waypoint issue. I had to drop a bunch to follow the route i wanted as the tomtom would reroute my plan as it saw fit. Its good to know they fixed that. No need for tyre then. Thanks, good info.