USB issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB issues

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro413 View Post
    i turn the bike off, plug in Apple cord to the bike and my phone. then turn the bike on, the battery flashes green (charging/plugged in) and then white (not charging/plugged in) anywhere from 3-11 times. twice now i've had it connect the phone and actually say iPod. but not long enough to have any music playing through.
    Got it. There's a short/disconnect somewhere in your bike's system. If that rig worked fine in a different bike - the issue is with your bike.

The trick is to get it to be a "measurable, observable, and repeatable" gripe for Honda to fix it.
    With your phone connected, or anything else connected, by jiggling the USB connector/wire that's mounted to the bike, see if you can make the charging light go off and on at will.
    Show that to Honda....they have work to do.
    Best of luck,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

i've searched for a thread on this, didn't see one - so sorry if its a repeat.

I have an iPhone 5s and it won't connect to my USB on my 2016 F6B. Anyone else having this issue?
    jeffro, have you cracked the user's manual? If not, start with Page 98 I think. Good luck!

When all else fails , disconnect the battery for at least 5 min and reconnect. It resets the system and a lot times will correct usb issues as I have seen in other posts.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

i turn the bike off, plug in Apple cord to the bike and my phone. then turn the bike on, the battery flashes green (charging/plugged in) and then white (not charging/plugged in) anywhere from 3-11 times. twice now i've had it connect the phone and actually say iPod. but not long enough to have any music playing through.
    Sounds like the bike needed a reboot...just like Windows 98.
    2016 Honda F6B Deluxe . Matte Pearl White . Klock Werks Fairing

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
    When all else fails , disconnect the battery for at least 5 min and reconnect. It resets the system and a lot times will correct usb issues as I have seen in other posts.

+2 Neg side.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

......I have an iPhone 5s and it won't connect to my USB on my 2016 F6B. Anyone else having this issue?

I've not tried with an iPhone, but I do use an iPod.

When I purchased my 6, I had a 4th Gen iPod Touch (32g) laying around not doing anything. So, I used it without any functional troubles whatsoever. My only gripe about it was that it was only 32G and the DAC chips in the 4th Gen aren't the best and can cause the sound to be a bit shrill over longer periods of time.

So....a month or so back, I purchased a 6th Gen iPod Touch (128G) and found that not only was it more storage, but it sounded a hell of a lot better than the 4thGen.

UNFORTUNATELY, I'm having troubles with the 6th Gen in that it will function for anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes and then just go stupid. IF you take it out and tap anything you want via the screen, all is well. But the F6B USB interface stops recognizing it...and eventually, it flashes "CHECK USB" on the bike screen.

I have tried Apple cables (actually pretty flimsy and not the greatest) as well as much better quality third-party cables...no change in behaviour.

I've even tried a full reset, data dump, and Restore/Recover on the 6th Gen....no difference.

Yet...the 4th Gen always works fine.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

I couldn't get my 5s to work with the USB in my 2015. Went with a 32 thumb drive and it works perfectly. The 5s works through the cubby connection only. I'm done trying to figure out why and just listen to my music now.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

i have one also, maybe a different brand. it doesn't show what track im playing. says T 1 - and continues to play. i can still change the tracks, though. does yours say what track you're playing?
    No mine does the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    So....a month or so back, I purchased a 6th Gen iPod Touch (128G) and found that not only was it more storage, but it sounded a hell of a lot better than the 4thGen.

UNFORTUNATELY, I'm having troubles with the 6th Gen in that it will function for anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes and then just go stupid. IF you take it out and tap anything you want via the screen, all is well. But the F6B USB interface stops recognizing it...and eventually, it flashes "CHECK USB" on the bike screen.

I have tried Apple cables (actually pretty flimsy and not the greatest) as well as much better quality third-party cables...no change in behaviour.

I've even tried a full reset, data dump, and Restore/Recover on the 6th Gen....no difference.

Yet...the 4th Gen always works fine.

OK....everyone help me out here.

This is only for those using an iPod or iPhone...who have the same troubles that I do.....and for the people that have NEVER had ANY trouble. I am seeing some correlation with DRM protected files.

For those (using iPod or iPhone) who have these troubles.....pay attention to what is playing. BOTH when it craps out....and the tracks played just before it craps out (i.e. ...say within three tracks prior). Are ANY of those tracks DRM protected?

For those ...using an iPod or iPhone...who have NEVER had ANY troubles...do you have any DRM files at all on the device?

Answer here....or PM me....or even email me if you wish (simontemplar at macdotcom)

No need to list every DRM track you own or anything like that. Just the items I ask for above.....and perhaps, for those who do have DRM files, a ballpark guess as to how many DRM protected files you have.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

My 120 GB iPod Classic 6th generation would sometimes become unrecognized by the 6 after 2 minutes or 2 hours.
    I began to associate it with significant "bumps" in the road.
    I'd hit a bump, or series of bumps, see the USB error, pull over, touch a button, all would be "magically" better.

Once I mounted an old BlackBerry cell holder to the inside vertical wall of the pannier, and placed the iPod in it, that all went away.

That iPod eventually developed the "red X" - hard disk failure - and I'm now looking at an SSD replacement drive.

Since I have been using iTunes since well before 2009, I reckon a lot, if not all, my stuff is DRM.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce