Is It The Tire or the Pressure - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is It The Tire or the Pressure

Is it possible that you only checked your tire pressure after you rode to a store with a pump ?? You should only check cold pressure. A moto tire will change 4 or 5 pounds after you have been riding even a short distance.
    I run a Bridgestone Driveguard 195/55/16 and have about 15,500 on so far and will make it to 22-24 k easy. Great for traction in rain or dry, high rated for hydroplaning. 30 lbs air when cold.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    12.5 miles on your avon, unheard of on my 250 Dunlop, if I got 7500 miles out of my dunnies that was huge mileage! I only got just 6990 out of the OEM Bridgestone on the F6B, I drive my bike like I stole it and that's all the time. So I never expected the mileage that people were proclaiming was going to happen on my ride and I was right. The other thread is right, the dam stones turn into a car tire whether you like it or not. I will try one more tire when the stone is worn out and put an Elite 4 Dunlop on and go with that and if that one turns into a car tire maybe Shooter is right although I hate to give him to much credit or his head will get too big and he won't be able to get thru a door
    I made all the doors bigger at my house.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    And the reason some go to a CT is the same 16 posts as above. After a few thousand miles you are on a car tire, at least by appearance !

A narrow azz car tire.maybe 1.5 inches. I like my 7 inch wide car tire better.

shooter
    If that new Dunlop performs like Dunlop says it will then it will revolutionize MC tire construction. It is disheartening to pay your money and then have that big flat spot after a thousand miles.

No sir No riding to the air pressure store

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    Is it possible that you only checked your tire pressure after you rode to a store with a pump ?? You should only check cold pressure. A moto tire will change 4 or 5 pounds after you have been riding even a short distance.
    I run a Bridgestone Driveguard 195/55/16 and have about 15,500 on so far and will make it to 22-24 k easy. Great for traction in rain or dry, high rated for hydroplaning. 30 lbs air when cold.
    My bike sits overnight in the garage and I check pressure before every ride without fail. I add pressure from my compressor. I am going to start running 45 pounds in the rear tire to see if it will round back out with the extra pressure. When a tire flattens out in the center your not running enough pressure in it. If your car tire starts to wear in the center what do you do, you add air pressure if its over inflated you are scouring off the outside edges. There isn't enough air pressure in this rear tire at 41 pounds for the weight of the 6.
    Shooter how much air pressure did we run in the dunnies? Wasn't it 45 pound in the rear because they were wearing poorly at the recommended 42 pounds on the Suzuki's

My bike sits overnight in the garage and I check pressure before every ride without fail. I add pressure from my compressor. I am going to start running 45 pounds in the rear tire to see if it will round back out with the extra pressure. When a tire flattens out in the center your not running enough pressure in it. If your car tire starts to wear in the center what do you do, you add air pressure if its over inflated you are scouring off the outside edges. There isn't enough air pressure in this rear tire at 41 pounds for the weight of the 6.
    Shooter how much air pressure did we run in the dunnies? Wasn't it 45 pound in the rear because they were wearing poorly at the recommended 42 pounds on the Suzuki's
    Your wrong with the analogy of trying to compare a motorcycle tire's wear against a car tire, concerning pressure

All of a car tire's tread is contacting the asphalt at any one time. A motorcycle's tire tread is not.

Accept the fact that motorcycle tires will wear more often in the middle than not, unless they are a dual compound tread such as a Dunflop E3 Elite.

Been there, done it

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Dog I went with custom rims at about 3500 miles and a 260 Metzeler. I run 42 in it and get good wear.

I ran 41/40 in the stock Bridgestones and at 11k they were not to the wear bars yet.Now I top out at around 385lbs and up here in the Northern Nevada mountains I ride pretty brisk in all conditions-so I figure the stockers would of gone to 12 or 13K and at my combined bike and me weight I feel that was pretty good.Change out both tires for the Metzler 888's at 11K as I never liked the way the Bridgestones felt on the tar snakes.The metzs I run at 42/40 and so far are wearing great and not flatting out as much as the Bridgestones did.I would guess you must ride a lot of straight line superslab to wear out the middle that fast-You need to find some corners to have fun on and wear out those sides-LOL.

...I am going to start running 45 pounds in the rear tire to see if it will round back out with the extra pressure.....There isn't enough air pressure in this rear tire at 41 pounds for the weight of the 6.
    Okay, I would be remiss in not reminding you that the MAX COLD INFLATION PRESSURE on the OEM Bridgestones is 41psi.

Capacities and Construction:
    Load Capacity/Inflation Pressure: 825 lbs./41 PSI
    Load Range: B
    Bias or Radial Ply: Radial
    Tread Plies/Material: 4 Nylon/2 Aramid
    Sidewall Plies/Material: 3 Nylon
    DOT Approved for Road Use: Yes
    Tube or Tubeless: Tubeless-Can be used with a tube

There. Just the facts.
    Please carry on...
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Starting to turn into oil thread

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537