Does the black F6B grow on you? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does the black F6B grow on you?

Isn't it comforting in a way that your one dilemma is color? Being a Harley owner also for over 30 years mine was oil leaking out of the bike...on the showroom floor that they used to put metal pans underneath so the customers wouldn't slip, arrogant dealers, overpriced parts, paying $1000 over sticker, HEAT coming off the engine, throttle lag etc. It's a blessing in disguise.

My apologies for leaving out the other colors:

Did I mention black?

I wouldn't have any other color.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

This is such a great forum! Really appreciate the thoughtfulness, humor, and the really cool pictures in your responses! So far, DP Honda seems willing to do whatever it takes to get me on one of these beauties, no matter what color it is. They are the kind of small, one-line shops that you just don't see anymore. And they sell a bunch of Goldwings out of the place. I know he wants to sell what he has on hand (can't blame him), but after all of the sage advice I'm getting here, holding out for red or yellow seem like a good plan, at least for the short term.

The Rule of thumb is!

Buy the bike or vehicle with the color you like. If you don't like the color from the start you will never like it. Color is a funny thing, a bike or vehicle with the color you like is usually well cared for and maintained but buy something for a good price with a color your not happy with and it usually takes its toll on the vehicle. JMHO of course but I have seen this scenario many times over.

IF you like the blue 2015, get it and trade the black pipes for a set of chrome ,I bet some one here would be happy to trade ya.

I wanted a black one the first time I'd seen them...my only wish is could it be blackerIMAG0019.jpg
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    IF you like the blue 2015, get it and trade the black pipes for a set of chrome ,I bet some one here would be happy to trade ya.
    I would!!!!!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

The 2015s and 16s are unfortunately out of my price range. The only silver lining to the deep discounts on F6B leftovers right now are that people like me, who never thought they could ever afford one of these things, now can. I'm smart enough to appreciate the downside to the current market, and what it's done to the value of bikes purchased early on. The Japanese companies (a particular Italian group, as well) have been doing this for years. The Yamaha Super Tenere (another one of my contenders) is a perfect example, and there are many others. Someone stands to benefit from this practice, and I guess in this particular situation, that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    The 2015s and 16s are unfortunately out of my price range. The only silver lining to the deep discounts on F6B leftovers right now are that people like me, who never thought they could ever afford one of these things, now can. I'm smart enough to appreciate the downside to the current market, and what it's done to the value of bikes purchased early on. The Japanese companies (a particular Italian group, as well) have been doing this for years. The Yamaha Super Tenere (another one of my contenders) is a perfect example, and there are many others. Someone stands to benefit from this practice, and I guess in this particular situation, that's me.
    Most of my new bikes have been leftovers, with discounted prices.
    1984 ------82 CX500
    2000 ------98 Valkyrie
    2014-------13 F6B