Lake George Meet-up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake George Meet-up

Lake George Meet-up

Not the turn out as expected. Reservebum and myself met up at the McDonalds in Warrensburg. Went for a short loop around Bryant Pond and back to his lodging. Thanks Jim for the meetup and the hospitality. After a short rest I was in contact with DMAGOLDRDR and we ran down to main st to meet up with Dan and some of his crew. Couldn't of have asked to meet nicer guys. After late lunch Reservebum headed back to his family and I rode south with Dan and crew. Thanks for the company on the ride home and tell your crew thanks also.

Thanks
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    Not the turn out as expected. Reservebum and myself met up at the McDonalds in Warrensburg. Went for a short loop around Bryant Pond and back to his lodging. Thanks Jim for the meetup and the hospitality. After a short rest I was in contact with DMAGOLDRDR and we ran down to main st to meet up with Dan and some of his crew. Couldn't of have asked to meet nicer guys. After late lunch Reservebum headed back to his family and I rode south with Dan and crew. Thanks for the company on the ride home and tell your crew thanks also. Thanks
    Jeff

Jeff, we enjoyed your company on our "scenic" ride home. I sure hope we can get together more often.

Jim, real nice to meet you and thanks for the tip on RT 40. I had done that once before but didn't realize it until I was on it again. Also, they are paving 40 so it will be smooth and scenic. We were both wrong about the only Dunkin Donuts wouldn't be until the new Truckstop. There is at the intersection of 40 and 29 in .... I think Greenwich ???

P.S. This Sunday we will be trying out the Backwater Café on Queechy Lake if anyone is interested.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

It was nice to meet you Jeff and Jim

Ed...
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Jeff, we enjoyed your company on our "scenic" ride home. I sure hope we can get together more often.

Jim, real nice to meet you and thanks for the tip on RT 40. I had done that once before but didn't realize it until I was on it again. Also, they are paving 40 so it will be smooth and scenic. We were both wrong about the only Dunkin Donuts wouldn't be until the new Truckstop. There is at the intersection of 40 and 29 in .... I think Greenwich ???

P.S. This Sunday we will be trying out the Backwater Café on Queechy Lake if anyone is interested.
    Dan, what time you leaving Danbury? I have all day and no plans. Weather looks decent to ride. I'd like to meet up.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Dan, what time you leaving Danbury? I have all day and no plans. Weather looks decent to ride. I'd like to meet up.
    Come on over,,, it will be good to see you. We will be meeting in Danbury at 9am Sunday and probably head out 9:30 or so at what was Marcus Dairy (now a small plaza called "the shops at Marcus Dairy") Exit #3 off 84. It used to be a huge Motorcycle meeting place every Sunday but was torn down for a small plaza but many bikes still meet there. The lunch spot is on the NY MA line just North of the Mass Pike on RT22 in NY.

84 west thru Danbury to exit #3 (a left lane exit that stays 2 lanes wide) and then get off the first exit. As you exit you will actually be looping around the plaza and will see the old Milk Tower that stills says Marcus Dairy. Just stay right as you come around and bear right into the plaza parking lot. We are usually parked along the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Come on over,,, it will be good to see you. We will be meeting in Danbury at 9am Sunday and probably head out 9:30 or so at what was Marcus Dairy (now a small plaza called "the shops at Marcus Dairy") Exit #3 off 84. It used to be a huge Motorcycle meeting place every Sunday but was torn down for a small plaza but many bikes still meet there. The lunch spot is on the NY MA line just North of the Mass Pike on RT22 in NY.

84 west thru Danbury to exit #3 (a left lane exit that stays 2 lanes wide) and then get off the first exit. As you exit you will actually be looping around the plaza and will see the old Milk Tower that stills says Marcus Dairy. Just stay right as you come around and bear right into the plaza parking lot. We are usually parked along the right side.
    I'll leave here no later than 7 and will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'll leave here no later than 7 and will be there.
    I'll keep an eye out for ya

I have a lot of chores planned for tomorrow, but..... I've been known to say f... it and go riding all day.

What is your planned route tomorrow? What time do you expect to be back in the Boston area?

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    I have a lot of chores planned for tomorrow, but..... I've been known to say f... it and go riding all day.

What is your planned route tomorrow? What time do you expect to be back in the Boston area?
    I'm leaving Somerset no later than 7, maybe a few minutes sooner. I'm going to catch 95 south in Providence, then take RT9 north in CT, up to Middletown, then head west on 66, 691, to 84. I would think we'd be back by 4ish. If you want to meet up and ride out together, either Providence or Middletown would be two points. I don't know what's best for you. Or, meet us there on your own. Call or text me before I start riding if you want to hook up. 508-353-7748

Wayne

I'm back in town. Thanks Dan and Ed ( and friends ) for another great ride. Looking forward to the next one.

Also wanted to add that my transponder worked perfectly on and off the Mass Pike. Whether it was a fluke or not the first time, the current location is a winner...low center inside my windscreen.