Lost a good riding friend
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost a good riding friend

Lost a good riding friend

Last week my #1 riding friend went back to a 2016 Road Glide after 6 months of owning a 2015 blue F6b.

I guess that he just wanted to feel more vibrations and ride slower...

They know not what they do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Went for a short ride this morning before my Granddaughters graduation party and saw probably 35/40 Harley's, a couple Vic's and a few sport bikes....No F6B's or anything close to it....I suppose those that "ride with the herd" are impressed, but I am not....Love my F6B and the smooth power, handling, comfort, and all else.....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Went for a short ride this morning before my Granddaughters graduation party and saw probably 35/40 Harley's, a couple Vic's and a few sport bikes....No F6B's or anything close to it....I suppose those that "ride with the herd" are impressed, but I am not....Love my F6B and the smooth power, handling, comfort, and all else.....Ride safe
    Same here. Very few 6's, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be "another one of those". Those are nice bikes, I looked at the 15's, but I went with reliability over peer pressure.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

But, he can still be your #1 riding friend. We need to be nice to those Harley people!

Sad to lose a rider to the Herd. I suppose he had a whole closet full of H-D clothing that was not being used. That stuff ain't cheap, either. Many of us came from the V-twin world, maybe he also missed the noise. I sure don't. I don't have the need to make noise anymore. Love the 6 and it's own sound. Well, maybe he will still ride with you, just have some earplugs along.

"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    "The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
    ...got to find AND re-read that book....
    It's somewhere in the house.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Harley's are just natures way of making you appreciate the B. Deep down most of us have always wanted a Harley...An unfortunate few actually got one, the rest of us didn't fall for that trap.