F6B Communication option
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F6B Communication option

F6B Communication option

My wife and I do a lot of group riding and I lead a lot of rides as road captain. CB’s are great for the Road Captain to talk with the tail gunner etc.
    For my wife and I, the F6B would be the perfect bike if it only had a factory CB. With that said -
    JM does not make a mount for the F6B. Will not integrate into existing F6B Audio anyways. There’s a way to jury rig a CB aftermarket but looking to go a different/Cheaper route.

I have a full dressed Goldwing and she just got her F6B. On her old triumph bike she had a JM Corp handlebar mounted CB. We could talk and pass info back and forth.

Her habits are especially in a group - listen to the CB but rarely talks. When we’re riding alone - nice to be able to communicate with the other bike. She also likes listening to music.

The compromise is I bought the 2x F5MC bluetooth communicator. ( Sena or F5MC or others would work as well )

My setup -
    Corded Helmet to Talk on Goldwing CB Microphone
    For Listening to CB abd Music I use the Goldwing fairing speakers.
    F5MC Bluetooth on the helmet with speakers and microphone.
    So I have two Microphones ( 1 CB , 1 Bluetooth ) They pretty much look like one boom mike so I don’t look too geeky.
    She can hear what ever I say to other riders on the CB because the Bluetooth mike is in the same position.
    Anything important that comes over the CB I say to her over the bluetooth.

Her Setup -
    She listens to FM/Aux over her Fairing speakers.
    She can hear what I say to others riders over the CB through her Helmet speakers.
    We can communicate on group rides and rides by ourselves.

Price of the two headsets ( $399 ) - Less than Half the cost of rigging up a CB on her bike.

The flaw in this setup is she doesn’t have CB access if I am not riding. But she can pair with other bluetooth riders if there are some on the ride.

Added benefits -
    We can pair with riders who use Bluetooth who do not have a CB in the group.
    She is always cordless.
    On Rides by ourselves - I can go cordless with listen only mode on the CB and still talk to her.
    Even though I keep phones and riding separated - I now have a way to take emergency calls or calls I want to take simply and fairly safely.

Our first big ride is coming up Saturday. Hope this plan falls into place.

Sena 20s

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

i also have SENA20s

+1 on sena

i used to have a midland , it worked "ok", but by the time you buy the extras and the mounting accessories , the SENA options are better

100_0640.jpg Attachment 20060
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_weasle View Post
    +1 on sena

i used to have a midland , it worked "ok", but by the time you buy the extras and the mounting accessories , the SENA options are better

Attachment 20059 Attachment 20060
    +2 on Sena 20s
    Sounds exactly like my experience. I can still hook up my Midland but since getting the 20s, I've had no motivation to do it.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I use my Sena SMH 10, my Sena SR 10 and my GME UHF handheld. What a great setup.

Chris

Attachment 20489

how to up the GPS volume ??? Sena20s/ tom tom rider400

Hey any of you guys know how to increase the GPS spoken directions over the headset on the sena 20s ? I have the GPS volume set to max..no effect. I have my phone also paired to the sena and I can control that volume no problem and the same for the intercom but for some reason the gps voice over comes in very low???
    Lloyd

as an alternative try using the phone GPS

I use my Galaxy S6. There is a specific volume control on the Google Driving for choosing the Voice Level in app settings - Louder / Normal /Softer and if I don't use Louder it's to low to hear at speed. I download directions on wifi and it doesn't hit the data plan.

tomtom 400 and sena 20

just a quick question, are they both updated to the most current firmware?
    There is a June 6,2016 update for your Sena 20S at http://www.sena.com/firmware/ Version 1.6.1

and coincidentally Version 16.200 for your TomTom Rider 400 released on the same date.
    You will need to install TomTom software to get the upgrade on to your device. Here is the link to a page with more detail;
    http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/ans...tion-device%3F

thanks for the reply I have it figured out apparently during the time the GPS speaks I can turn up the volume and it will stay at that level...I'm a little dyslexic and was turning it the wrong direction....

Bike MP3 has a kit

Quote Originally Posted by stan0614 View Post
    My wife and I do a lot of group riding and I lead a lot of rides as road captain. CB’s are great for the Road Captain to talk with the tail gunner etc.
    For my wife and I, the F6B would be the perfect bike if it only had a factory CB. With that said -
    JM does not make a mount for the F6B. Will not integrate into existing F6B Audio anyways. There’s a way to jury rig a CB aftermarket but looking to go a different/Cheaper route.

I have a full dressed Goldwing and she just got her F6B. On her old triumph bike she had a JM Corp handlebar mounted CB. We could talk and pass info back and forth.

Her habits are especially in a group - listen to the CB but rarely talks. When we’re riding alone - nice to be able to communicate with the other bike. She also likes listening to music.

The compromise is I bought the 2x F5MC bluetooth communicator. ( Sena or F5MC or others would work as well )

My setup -
    Corded Helmet to Talk on Goldwing CB Microphone
    For Listening to CB abd Music I use the Goldwing fairing speakers.
    F5MC Bluetooth on the helmet with speakers and microphone.
    So I have two Microphones ( 1 CB , 1 Bluetooth ) They pretty much look like one boom mike so I don’t look too geeky.
    She can hear what ever I say to other riders on the CB because the Bluetooth mike is in the same position.
    Anything important that comes over the CB I say to her over the bluetooth.

Her Setup -
    She listens to FM/Aux over her Fairing speakers.
    She can hear what I say to others riders over the CB through her Helmet speakers.
    We can communicate on group rides and rides by ourselves.

Price of the two headsets ( $399 ) - Less than Half the cost of rigging up a CB on her bike.

The flaw in this setup is she doesn’t have CB access if I am not riding. But she can pair with other bluetooth riders if there are some on the ride.

Added benefits -
    We can pair with riders who use Bluetooth who do not have a CB in the group.
    She is always cordless.
    On Rides by ourselves - I can go cordless with listen only mode on the CB and still talk to her.
    Even though I keep phones and riding separated - I now have a way to take emergency calls or calls I want to take simply and fairly safely.

Our first big ride is coming up Saturday. Hope this plan falls into place.

I ride with my local GWRRA chapter and installed the BikeMP3 kit (F6B Enable Kit) the winter I purchased my 2013 F6B........works great just like factory. No, I'm not a employee of BikeMP3.........

http://www.bikemp3.com/F6B-CB-Enable...GW-F6B-CBE.htm