cuz crash an death
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cuz crash an death

cuz crash an death

I know I have this thread on accessories an realized why ? Sorry for not paying attention.Anyhow,just learned of cuz crashING his harley after going left of center he was killed..This morning rolled the B out an just couldn't ride her.Wondering if any u guys or gals have felt same after close acquaintance crash.I will ride tomorrow and thanx to all responses

That sucks big time, my deepest sympathy to both you and his family.

I doubt however he would want you to quit riding. So ride in his honor and keep his memory alive.

I had some good friends killed in Tenn a few years back when a dope head went left of center and killed him and his wife instantly. He had been waiting for her to retire so they could take this trip on their Harley and when they finally got to go they was killed. This whole mess got me to thinking and caused me to sell my 02 Wing.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

shooter
    Its hard to deal with. All you can do is to do everything I your power to not let it happen to you. Focus and minimize your mistakes. You have to believe that every car is gonna pull out on you , every corner a car will be on your side of the line. You can still have fun , you just can't ever slack up. Sorry for your loss. It ts never easy. Ride with purpose.

I'm gonna say give it a short rest for now just because your mind is distracted. After a few days when things are settled by all means get out there and ride.
    My condolences on your loss.

My deepest condolences.

Nothing in this scenario is your control. Motorcycle riders are controllers by nature and this affects all of us to varying degrees.
    I've lost friends to motorcycle mishaps (can't call them accidents) and military mishaps.
    I've buried a daughter.
    I've licensed people to ride motorcycles, and learned after a certain period they were somehow killed on a motorcycle.
    Summary: dealt with this many times.

My technique:
    - allow grief to occur.
    - set aside a period of time for grieving.
    - as mentioned already, KNOW that the person you've lost wouldn't want you to stop doing something because that's what got them.
    - Raise a glass in their honor at family reunions and gatherings - never forget them.
    - pray for peace, tranquility, and acceptance for yourself and whomever else needs it.
    - ride again when you are ready - and don't be shamed into not riding because you might feel it disrespectful. As mentioned already - ride in their memory and let your cuz ride with you in spirit.

Peace to you and your family & friends.
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

+1

Has anyone walked out to get on their bike and then said no and went back into the house, ever pull up to an intersection and for no known reason turn right when you have ALWAYS turned left, ever been with someone who ran out of gas and made you sit along side the road for an hour only to see a bad wreck up the road after you got moving? I have experienced all of the above and some...makes you think !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Well said, 53driver.

Blk6bgg6... sorry for your loss.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    +1

Has anyone walked out to get on their bike and then said no and went back into the house
    All the time.
    I even made it halfway down the block, and turned around and put the bike away.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    +1
    Has anyone walked out to get on their bike and then said no and went back into the house.....makes you think !!!
    Yes, some days one the voices in my head seems to drown the others and ring especially true.
    Walked out to a helicopter more than once, got within about 50' and stopped, and turned back to Maintenance Control.
    The "time-space-Force" continuum was just not in my favor.
    I've learned to listen to that voice.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce