When did you discover that riding was in your blood?

Thread: When did you discover that riding was in your blood?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I believe that it was called a Trail 50. The Scrambler tag was used for the 250 and then the 305s.
    Yep.....now I remember.....Thanks!

I guess I started to like it with my first in 1981, a 1978 Kawasaki KZ650. I did some trail riding when I was younger at a place where you could rent and ride, but it didn't grab me then. Soon after the KZ was a brand new 1982 Goldwing, stripped down. Then life started... marriage, my son, and the toys were gone for 27 years or so. Got the bug again after friends started buying them, and here I am with the best bike I ever owned.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Anybody heard of "Heathkit"

In the 60's-70's they made DIY kits for everything from TV's to minibikes (yes, you could build yourself one of those new - fangled colour TV's)... At 13 years old my Dad gave me the "Boonie -Bike" as a surprise birthday present. I spent the next days ripping around at a cottage in the Muskoka region; no helmet, license or brains, but the greatest feeling of independence I've ever experienced. When I turned 16 my first real bike was a BSA Royal Star. Other bikes followed, but like many others, career, marriage and kids put it all on hold until a few years ago. I do regret that, but intend on making up for lost time....

A picture of one...