Theory about oil. NOT A DEBATE - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theory about oil. NOT A DEBATE

When it comes to oil there is only ONE option - all others are pretenders:

Good Choice

Quote Originally Posted by valk98 View Post
    This is my first thread so don't beat me up to bad guys. I just started using the Shell Rotella t6 full synthetic 5wt40 in my Valk 98. Also using the Pure One # 14610 oil filter. Any comments good or bad i would appriciate it. A lot of people appear to be using this combination.

I'am looking for a F6B right now and looking forward to the purchase. It appears to be a great bike. I have a 98 Valk and just joined the board today and wanted to get a head start on meeting everyone. I want a wild color orange or lime green would be fine. Here in Alabama i need a color that these auto drivers will see coming a mile away. looking forward to everyone's opinion. Thanks
    I run a Pure One 14612 which is the shorter version of the filter and T-6! IMHO it's a great combination of protection for my bike. Both the oil and filter are reasonably priced and readably available. Good engine protection doesn't have to be pricey

I used to run Redline in my race car and my hotrod Harleys until I switched over to T6. Redline is costly but one of the best syns out there. Its also an oil that Amsoil doesn't claim to outperform.
    In the Harley owners manuals it states if Harley oil isn't available then use a "diesel rated" oil.
    All Rotellas are diesel rated and if its good enough to take a pounding and shearing from my big truck's motor than its good enough for any of my machines. I use Rotella in everything, even my lawnmower. As for rebranding, I believe Napa syn is Valvoline and their filters are Wix.
    I remember picking up a load of batteries once from the Exide factory in Kansas. The pallets were a mishmash of 20 different battery or store brand names. Apparently rebranding is a huge industry in many markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
    Me and some friends were sitting around discussing different types of oil. As everyone that rides motorcycles do. And we all came to the same conclusion about Honda brand oil and Harley brand oil. Since neither company have their own oil refinery,(as for as we know),they must have to buy their oil from someone else. We determined that company was whoever sold it to them at the lowest price, low bid. I'm sure there is a lot of room here for us to be wrong and someone here could give me the facts I could share with the fellas.
    I believe Exxon-Mobil(XOM) was Honda's supplier for its bottled oil products for years, cages & MC both then XOM lost its contract to ConocoPhillips(COP) in 2010.
    COP, as you may know, also happens to be the supplier of Ford Motor Company's bottled oil products under the brand name Motorcraft. If you return to bobistheoilguy.com and search the Virgin Oil Analyses, you will see that the analyses of Honda Genuine Motor Oil, both the synthetics and the semi-synthetics (Part#s 9036 and 9037), are virtually identical to their Ford Motorcraft counterparts.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/