general seat question - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: general seat question

I am 5'10" w/ a 30" inseam and have the Mid Rider. It pushes forward 1/2" to 1". Seat height is the same as stock for me. Width of the seat is also similar to stock. It took a few rides o get used to it....but I am good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I try and I try.....lol.

We tend to take care of the nearest alligator to our faces - for most that's the windscreen.
    With unlimited resources, the seat/pegs/windscreen/helibars would all be taken care of at one place at one time with one check with money we wouldn't even miss.
    However, that's not the world most of us live in......

So, we do the best we can with what we've got.
    Carry on!
    Good copy on that Steve, that's definitely not the world I live in, even if the wife claims I think it is! I will admit that I tend to be impulsive sometimes with my purchases, and I have a growing stack of parts in the garage to prove it. I promise to try and get better ( and read more forum threads)

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseam and I did not like the mid rider position. I felt it pushed me too far forward.
    I do like to scoot forward on my stock seat when riding aggressively in twisties but I don't want to be locked into that position. I also like to slide back and stretch out when cruising; the mid rider took that position away from me. I could not fully extend my legs on my ergo 3's while on the mid rider.

I'm hoping to try a Corbin before I decide but I wouldn't hesitate to order an Ultimate King based on my experience with the mid-rider.
    JG , I'll tell you what I know about the Corbin. Considerably lower. At least an inch , I think more. Lot closer to the bars. DavidK had one that I sat on. I'm 6'1" , 32 inseam.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    JG , I'll tell you what I know about the Corbin. Considerably lower. At least an inch , I think more. Lot closer to the bars. DavidK had one that I sat on. I'm 6'1" , 32 inseam.
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm hoping to catch one of the north east rides and try all the seats. Here's hoping I can be patient until then......

shooter
    Yeah and if you've read my posts the King is really close to the stock seating position. Maybe 1/2 inch taller. I think its the same from the bars. At least for me.