Happy Father's Day

Thread: Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all those father out there.

Indeed. Happy Father's Day to all who have served in that billet, either biologically, in the military, "step-dads", as a mentor to young men and women, and any other combination where you have been a role model father figure for a younger person - have a great day today!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Indeed. Happy Father's Day to all who have served in that billet, either biologically, in the military, "step-dads", as a mentor to young men and women, and any other combination where you have been a role model father figure for a younger person - have a great day today!
    So true, and being the father of 3 men, 2 biological 1 of choice (who's father walked out when he was 2 weeks old) the word "father" is a verb not a title. You actually have to do the work. I am waiting for a granddaughter, the only hope I have, because once these boys meet a girl - that's it. 4 grandsons in and Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is there a formula for a girl. My grandmother used to say sugar on the windowsill but that theory took a crap 3 grandsons ago.

Yes, happy Father's Day to those whom deserve that respite.

Not a father here.... But my hat is off to those who have ensured their offspring came up the straight and narrow.

Thank you.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Yes, happy Father's Day to those whom deserve that respite.

Not a father here.... But my hat is off to those who have ensured their offspring came up the straight and narrow.

Thank you.
    I'm sure you've been an inspiration, whether you know it or not, by your example to people you'll never know. Don't sell yourself short Will, you never realize your influence. Father is a very sweeping title as it means teacher, protector, comforter so just being a veteran you have fulfilled all those criteria to children you never met. And as the Lord said "Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Happy Father's Day

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I'm sure you've been an inspiration, whether you know it or not, by your example to people you'll never know. Don't sell yourself short Will, you never realize your influence. Father is a very sweeping title as it means teacher, protector, comforter so just being a veteran you have fulfilled all those criteria to children you never met. And as the Lord said "Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Happy Father's Day
    Thanks for that.... Truly. But...

Have sown my wild oats to gawd knows how many fertile fields I have come across. Hope without a reaped crop.

Noticed that I also used the wrong emoticon in my earlier post. fat fingers and a small keyboard does that....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537